Sun: Cubs Offer Ceden, Gallagher, Veal and maybe a 4th player - For Roberts

NATTYBO's

F' that. Seriously.

If I'm Hendry and I make a major concession by including Ceda, who by all accounts has been offlimits throughout these negotiations, along with the three other guys the O's have wanted all along, and the response I get from MacPhail is to ask for even more on top of that ("would you throw in someone outside the BA top 10 like Suarez, Burke or Huseby"), I'm absolutely furious. Like steam coming out the ears furious.

I just caved on Ceda, and your response is to try and go back to the well one more time for a fifth guy?

At that point I say a whole lot of really mean and nasty things that one day I might regret (but probably not), put this entire thing in the trashcan, and chalk the whole experience up as another colossal waste of time trying to deal with the O's FO.

That's who I am talking about.Ceda is 2 years away easily.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's who I am talking about.Ceda is 2 years away easily.

A), no Ceda's not 2 years away.

B), there's no chance in the world Ceda's getting thrown in as the 5th player in this deal.

Proposing Ceda be the 5th is actually even more insulting than getting one of the first 3/4 players upgraded to Ceda, and then coming back and asking for more on top of that.

A), no Ceda's not 2 years away.

B), there's no chance in the world Ceda's getting thrown in as the 5th player in this deal.

Proposing Ceda be the 5th is actually even more insulting than getting one of the first 3/4 players upgraded to Ceda, and then coming back and asking for more on top of that.

I am talking Ceda for the 4th player.You wont see Ceda until he finds some control and gets a second pitch.If it took 5 I would throw in a guy like Fox.That's if Payton is involved.

Well that doesn't seem like a very smart idea. If the Cubs were to get Roberts and then bat him in front of free swinging Soriano they'd basically be negating his stolen base ability. Whoever you have hitting leadoff, I think #2 is the worst spot in the order you could possibly put Alfonso Soriano.

It does seem rather strange at first, but if you think that Soriano is a dead fastball hitter, pitchers will have to work very carefully when he is up and Roberts is on first.

Roberts does not get thrown out often and I bet it is even fewer when the pitcher throws a breaking ball down and away.

The pitcher either has to give in to Soriano, or throw a pitch that makes it easy for Roberts to steal.

Frankly I do not favor it, but I have to guess that the number of FB's he will see when Roberts is, on coupled with the fact that Soriano (despite his injuries) can still motor pretty well and score on hits by the middle of the order guys are the reasons why.

Archived