Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

45 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'm happy to lead the Yankees (by% points) but look ahead...our pitching rotation this weekend could be butchered by Texas....Suarez vs. Scherzer tomorrow...(not a good match up) then Povich and Irvin again....our "lead" will Lely be short lived...but I'm happy we actually gained ground on the Yankees...for now..

This isn’t Scherzer from 2018 tomorrow and has made 1 start to date. Agreed we will need to score runs again, but Suarez has pitched well at home. Also the Yankees have a bad matchup tomorrow in Strohman who is due for regression when you look at his metrics. We shall see.

57 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'm happy to lead the Yankees (by% points) but look ahead...our pitching rotation this weekend could be butchered by Texas....Suarez vs. Scherzer tomorrow...(not a good match up) then Povich and Irvin again....our "lead" will Lely be short lived...but I'm happy we actually gained ground on the Yankees...for now..

Expecting Scherzer to no hit them in his second start coming back from injury?

3 hours ago, Allan Bryant said:

Since tonight was the first game of the four games set against the Rangers . I had a question. Should the Orioles sweep Rangers this series , would the Rangers wave the white flag 🏳️ and become sellers ?    

Or is it still too early ?

I guess it would depend on what the other teams above them in the wild card race do over the period. They are only 7 games out of the last wild card slot. It’s not even the break yet so they aren’t buried yet. A couple of 7 out of 10 streaks and they are right back in the thick of it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Allan Bryant said:

Since tonight was the first game of the four games set against the Rangers . I had a question. Should the Orioles sweep Rangers this series , would the Rangers wave the white flag 🏳️ and become sellers ?    

Or is it still too early ?

I don’t think they’d sell unless their season went completely off the rails. 

6 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'm happy that I made it through yesterday intact but look ahead...there are thousands of viruses floating around out there, and it might thunderstorm this weekend...I feel there's a solid chance I get struck by lightning at least twice...my "health" will likely be short lived...but I'm happy to be alive...for now..

11 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

We REALLY need to get Suarez out of this rotation. It's been fun, but he's hitting a wall and really should be a reliever. Kremer soon, I guess. 

10 hours ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

This isn’t Scherzer from 2018 tomorrow and has made 1 start to date. Agreed we will need to score runs again, but Suarez has pitched well at home. Also the Yankees have a bad matchup tomorrow in Strohman who is due for regression when you look at his metrics. We shall see.

It would be great to see Stroman join his fellow starters Cole, Gil and Rodon in the "One bad start or there a problem here?" club. 

The NYYs' in the last week is 7.50 (29th in MLB). For June, it's 5.27 (28th in MLB). I wonder, among other things, whether looking at that pitching staff and at the bottom five in the NYYs' batting order will have an impact on Soto's decision about where to spend the rest of his career. 

On 6/28/2024 at 11:21 AM, interloper said:

We REALLY need to get Suarez out of this rotation. It's been fun, but he's hitting a wall and really should be a reliever. Kremer soon, I guess. 

6 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB.  That's so terrible I imagine Elias is contemplating DFA'ing him!

10 hours ago, Cuellar35 said:

6 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB.  That's so terrible I imagine Elias is contemplating DFA'ing him!

Happy to be wrong! Still think he should go to the bullpen when Kremer is back because the bullpen needs him. Or Irvin.