Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

The Yankees are 4-6 in their last 10 games.

The Orioles are 10-4 in their last 14 games.

We can do this, but we had better keep on winning consistently.

Apples to Apples NYY 8-6 in their last 14

14 games, O's pick up 2 games in standings.

You're no fun !!!

Mine sounded better. :laughlol:

With the number of games left, the Orioles would pass the Yankees at that rate.

Sure as long as maintain a .714 (10-4) win rate. If the O's were to pick up 2 games every 14 , we'd be a game ahead of them in game 151. As I've said before, if we're still in contention at the end of September, the final 7 game home stand with NY and Toronto is huge compared to the Tor-NY head-to-head games. #CaptainObvious

Apples to Apples: The NYY are 8-6 in their last 14 games.

14 games, O's pick up 2 games in standings.

With the number of games left, the Orioles would pass the Yankees at that rate.

Sure, as long as maintain a .714 (10-4) win rate.

If the O's were to pick up 2 games every 14, we'd be a game ahead of them in game 151. As I've said before, if we're still in contention at the end of September, the final 7 game home stand with NY and Toronto is huge compared to the Tor-NY head-to-head games. #CaptainObvious

Yeah, I think a little more realistic hope would be that the Orioles go on 9-5 runs (.643), and the Yankees go on 7-7 runs.

We'll have our chances in head-on play with them ...... and when we do, we really need to win at least 4 out of the 6 remaining games that we have left with them, or else we'll probably have to rely on a whole lot of help from other teams, which I would rather not.

Anybody remember this thread? We haven't had a need for it for a while. In addition to bumping it in the hope we do need it, I wanted to share a thought on the NYY, who just lost 3 out 4 to the Tribe, at home, and are about to slip into second place a half game behind TOR, which is bludgeoning LA once again.

As many had predicted would happen, the Yankees are beginning to show their age. Sabathia left today's game in the second inning with some sort of injury. Texieira has missed six games with a bone bruise suffered from fouling a ball of his shin, and couldn't PH in a key spot today. McCann is hurting. He's DHed for a couple of games, and has had change his batting stance to favor a leg. A-Rod is in a slump that is widely being attributed to fatigue. Beltran is hitting but looks even more lost in RF than he did earlier this year.

IMO, the Eastern Division face is pretty much over. I wouldn';t be surprised if the NYY don't see first place again this year. (My record of accuracy in predictions like this is pretty dismal, but that's how it looks to me.)

The Astros kicked the NYY around pretty good the last two days. More important, the Cashman geriatric ward is filling up. Sabathia is out for a while. Ellsbury was hurt last night. Teixeira played last night, couldn't run, and sat today. McCann has a bad leg. A-Rod looks like an old guy who has had his magic potion taken away. Even Gardner is showing signs of his 2014 swoon (.668 OPS in August, .486 OPS in September-October), which the YES announcers theorize come from his playing too hard.

The Yankees right now are built mostly on their pitching, with Beltran keying the offense and a pretty good defense. I don't see this bunch coming within 5 games of Toronto. I think they overestimated their strength when they stood pat in July, and that they will regret it. Sure hope so, anyway.

Was listening to Bill Ripken yesterday and he said he doesn't consider the Yankees to be safe for that first wild card spot. They've built themselves a nice cushion but the age/injuries are starting to pile up there are younger teams behind them who will have a little more juice. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.