Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

o

o

(MAY 31st)

The Athletics took 3 out of 4 games from the Yankees.

The northern Californians might have swept all 4 games in the series if not for their atrocious defense on Saturday night.

For what it's worth, the Red Sox took a 3-2 lead into the bottom of the 9th inning.

With Koji Uehara on the mound, the Rangers had a runner on 3rd base with one out.

Uehara chose to intentionally walk Prince Fielder, putting runners on 1st and 3rd.

Josh Hamilton ripped a doubled into the gap in left-centerfield, scoring both runs, and downing the Red Sox.

THESE GAMES BOTH FINISHED LESS THAN 60 SECONDS APART. :eek:

It was great watching the Red Sox lose on my computer, and listening to the Yankees lose (from the YES announcers) on my television set, simultaneously. :cool:

Edited by OFFNY

o

For what it's worth, the Red Sox took a 3-2 lead into the bottom of the 9th inning.

With Koji Uehara on the mound, the Rangers had a runner on 1st base with one out.

Uehara chose to intentionally walk Prince Fielder, putting the tying run on 2nd base, and the winning run on 1st base.

Josh Hamilton ripped a doubled into the gap in left-centerfield, scoring both runs, and downing the Red Sox.

It was great watching the Red Sox lose on my computer, and listening to the Yankees lose (from the YES announcers) on my television set, simultaneously. :cool:

Thanks for sharing - schadenfreude is so sweet! :2yay-thumb:

o

o

(MAY 31st)

The Athletics took 3 out of 4 games from the Yankees.

The northern Californians might have swept all 4 games in the series if not for their atrocious defense on Saturday night.

o

With Koji Uehara on the mound, the Rangers had a runner on 3rd base with one out.

Uehara chose to intentionally walk Prince Fielder, putting runners on 1st and 3rd.

Thanks for sharing - schadenfreude is so sweet! :2yay-thumb:

Also, bumping this thread when the Orioles ALSO LOSE is cheating ....... but I couldn't help myself. :o

Edited by OFFNY

I experienced the same viewing pleasure -- after I watched the Twins dodge a few bullets in the top of the ninth and edge the Jays. :cool::cool:

It does make it hard not to think about the "what if" factor: what if we'd taken 2 of 3 from the Rays. :(

o

Although the Yankees won last night, they did so in an almost embarrassing fashion.

They took an 8-1 lead into the 9th inning.

The Angels score 6 runs in the top of the 9th and had runners on 1st and 3rd base when the final out was recorded.

Top of the 9th Inning:

Giavotella singled to center. O 1-8

Featherston doubled to deep left, Giavotella to third. O 1-8

Green reached on infield single to second, Giavotella scored. O 2-8

Featherston to third, Green to second on wild pitch by Rogers. O 2-8

Navarro walked.O 2-8

Calhoun singled to center, Featherston scored, Green to third, Navarro to second. O 3-8

Dellin Betances relieved Esmil Rogers.

Freese singled to center, Green and Navarro scored, Calhoun to third. O 5-8

Joyce walked, Freese to second.O 5-8

Iannetta walked, Calhoun scored, Freese to third, Joyce to second.O 6-8

Nieuwenhuis struck out swinging. O 6-8

Giavotella grounded into fielder's choice to shortstop, Freese scored, Iannetta out at second, Joyce to third. O 7-8

Carlos Perez hit for Taylor Featherston.

Perez struck out swinging. O 7-8

Yankees lose to the Gnats, 5-4 in 11 innings, after going 4-2 in the seventh.

Andrew Miller going on the DL with a strained forearm muscle. Girardi didn't use Betances -- maybe waiting for the NYY to go ahead in extra innings? :rolleyestf:

You'll be thrilled to hear about how it went down, also.

With his team holding a 4-2 lead in the top of the 8th inning, the Yankees' 2nd baseman (Stephen Drew) bobbled the exchange from his glove hand to his throwing hand on what would have been an inning-ending double play, and only got the lead runner.

The Nationals took full advantage of their proverbial 4th out, and the very next batter (Michael Taylor) hit a game-tying 2-run home run.

3 innings later, the Nationals pushed forth what proved to be the winning run.

I thought that things like that only happened to the Orioles !!! :laughlol:

Edited by OFFNY

Yankees lose to the Gnats, 5-4 in 11 innings, after going 4-2 in the seventh.

Andrew Miller going on the DL with a strained forearm muscle. Girardi didn't use Betances -- maybe waiting for the NYY to go ahead in extra innings? :rolleyestf:

With his team holding a 4-2 lead in the top of the 8th inning, the Yankees' 2nd baseman (Stephen Drew) bobbled the exchange from his glove hand to his throwing hand on what would have been an inning-ending double play, and only got the lead runner.

The Nationals took full advantage of their proverbial 4th out, and the very next batter (Michael Taylor) hit a game-tying 2-run home run.

The Yankees lose in the afternoon.

The Orioles win in the evening.

Yeeeee - hah !!!

Oh good, maybe they've caught that miscuitis bug that's been going round :D