Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

I know it's quite early in the season, but a Yankee win tonight would have helped the O's. The Yankees will probably not be contenders this year, or hopefully, the foreseeable future.

I have a simply philosophy ....I root for anything that helps the O's

I know it's quite early in the season, but a Yankee win tonight would have helped the O's. The Yankees will probably not be contenders this year, or hopefully, the foreseeable future.

That's a perfectly rational way top look at it, but after 50-plus years of rooting against the Yankees (and 35-plus years of living in New York), I can't be that rational. Maybe in September. :scratchchinhmm:

Agreed. That said, burying a potential contender early is somewhat nice. Less opponents around to possibly threaten us later. That said, I agree that the Yanks don't have the personnel to hang with the rest of the division. Still boggles the mind how some commentators liked their roster so much at the beginning of the year.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. That said, burying a potential contender early is somewhat nice. Less opponents around to possibly threaten us later. That said, I agree that the Yanks don't have the personnel to hang with the rest of the division. Still boggles the mind how some commentators liked their roster so much at the beginning of the year.

I agree with this sentiment. The Yankees need to be cold in the ground, so that they are not buyers by the deadline. Hopefully the Rays (no budget) and the Jays (decimated farm system) follow suit, leaving the Orioles and Red Sox to duke it out. It just too early to count on anything though.

I agree with this sentiment. The Yankees need to be cold in the ground, so that they are not buyers by the deadline. Hopefully the Rays (no budget) and the Jays (decimated farm system) follow suit, leaving the Orioles and Red Sox to duke it out. It just too early to count on anything though.

I don't want them cold in the ground. That would mean they trade Miller and Chapman.

I want them just barely close enough that they don't sell.

I don't want them cold in the ground. That would mean they trade Miller and Chapman.

I want them just barely close enough that they don't sell.

I have come here to bury the Yankees, not to praise them. The evil that the Yankees do is remembered after their deaths, but the good is often buried with them.

I have come here to bury the Yankees, not to praise them. The evil that the Yankees do is remembered after their deaths, but the good is often buried with them.

But, as much as I dislike the Stanks, it was good to see them beat Boston!

Big Baby getting kicked out, and just pure pleasure to read. :)

I'd rather they hang around just close enough they make an ill-advised Parra type deal instead of engaging in a sell off.

Have to think long term.

Final

R H E

CWS

RECORD(24-12)

White SoxRuns7 White SoxHits9 White SoxErrors0

NYY

RECORD(14-20)

YankeesRuns1 Yankee****s6 YankeesErrors0

Winning PitcherW:Sale(8-0, 1.67)Losting PitcherL:Severino, L(0-6, 7.46)HR:Home RunsCWS:Rollins(2)Home RunsNYY:Headley(2)

Final

R H E

CWS

RECORD(24-12)

White SoxRuns7 White SoxHits9 White SoxErrors0

NYY

RECORD(14-20)

YankeesRuns1 Yankee****s6 YankeesErrors0

Winning PitcherW:Sale(8-0, 1.67)Losting PitcherL:Severino, L(0-6, 7.46)HR:Home RunsCWS:Rollins(2)Home RunsNYY:Headley(2)

White Sox ........ White Sox ........ Goooooooooooo, White Sox !!!