Hats off to Rey Navarro

Rene88

Homer Numero Uno and he looks good defensively.

I wish I would have been able to watch more of the game but with the Wizards playing (with John Wall) and a game 7 with the Caps, baseball took a back seat tonight which is a rarity for me.

Congrats to him. Thoughts on Navarro? Is he a nugget?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy to see that Navarro's second stint is going better than his first. It would be nice to keep Pearce off of 2B.

I assume Navarro goes down when Cabrera is activated on the 22nd but I guess we will see.

What has Cabrera done to warrant that?

Nothing. I am all for him being DFAed. But the typical DD thing is to not give up depth unless necessary. Guess it might depend on how long until Flaherty is back.

Yeah, it wouldn't be shocking if DD optioned Navarro when Cabrera is back, just to keep Cabrera in the org. Navarro seems to be the better player, though.

Yeah, it wouldn't be shocking if DD optioned Navarro when Cabrera is back, just to keep Cabrera in the org. Navarro seems to be the better player, though.

My guess is that DD waives him first.

Then DFAs him.

Then works a trade of Cabrera plus a minor leaguer for a minor leaguer in return.

At this point both Navarro and Janish have passed Cabrera on the depth chart.

Then DFAs him.

Then works a trade of Cabrera plus a minor leaguer for a minor leaguer in return.

I don't know why a team would trade for Cabrera when they can just wait for him to be available at league minimum.

Then DFAs him.

His name is actually REY not Ray. I noticed that only tonight.

But what makes you say Navarro and Janish has passed him? I am not doubting you just wondering. I do not keep up with the Orioles like I should.

His name is actually REY not Ray. I noticed that only tonight.

But what makes you say Navarro and Janish has passed him? I am not doubting you just wondering. I do not keep up with the Orioles like I should.

Cabrera has a .456 OPS. And has been worth -0.4 WAR this season.

Though to be fair Janish would probably post similar numbers in the majors.

I don't know why a team would trade for Cabrera when they can just wait for him to be available at league minimum.

Its the same has what happen with trading Webb and a competitive balance draft choice for O'Brien and Rowen. The acquiring team would have to want the minor leaguer the O's are trading enough to pick up Cabrera's salary.

DD is pretty good at that. O'Brien looks like the might have value to the O's as the 2016 back up catcher.

Archived