Cruz , Miller, Markakis, poll

El Gordo

Cruz, Miller, Marakakis, Other, yes or no  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Cruz, Miller, Marakakis, Other, yes or no

This poll is closed to new votes

Sorry but I am so tired of all the Cruz, Miller, Markakis, shoulda, woulda, coulda, that I want to make a poll to see just how many people really feel we should have signed any of them. Yes/no, Cruz, Miller, Markakis or other. If other, say who and why and for how much.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Multiple choice, nice!

Cruz - Never happening.

Miller - Not even CLOSE to worth what he got.

Kakes - Wanted him back. But with the undisclosed surgery, DD made the right choice. Cut the years back and Atlanta shot their load. Glad they did.

I voted yes for other. I was interested in Seth Smith. Don't know if we had someone as good as Maurer to offer in trade. Also thought we should have looked into trading for Marlin Byrd. Wanted Cuddyer until he got the QO.

I'll vote when I'm in front of a computer. But I would have signed Miller. I wouldn't have signed Wright, Matusz, and Hunter (who was great tonight) to cover the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to pick on you buddy...

I just don't understand this! Why pay so much when Zach is just as good and a third the price?

Not to pick on you buddy...

I just don't understand this! Why pay so much when Zach is just as good and a third the price?

A few reasons:

Getting rid of Matusz and Hunter and not adding Wright provides flexibility.

You can keep Garcia and then have a spot in the bullpen that you can send guys up and down when you need to (M Wright, Wilson, Johnson, Gamboa, TJM, Drake) instead of playing the DL game. I think that makes our team better.

Then, what if Britton gets hurt later this summer? There's no need to panic and overpay because you have Miller on deck.

And I'm doing this within the budget.

A few reasons:

Getting rid of Matusz and Hunter and not adding Wright provides flexibility.

You can keep Garcia and then have a spot in the bullpen that you can send guys up and down when you need to (M Wright, Wilson, Johnson, Gamboa, TJM, Drake) instead of playing the DL game. I think that makes our team better.

Then, what if Britton gets hurt later this summer? There's no need to panic and overpay because you have Miller on deck.

And I'm doing this within the budget.

A bunch of unproven/barely proven arms.

In exchange for $36+ million. And 4 years ball and chain. Pass!

Cruz: 3/40

Miller: 3/24

Markakis 3/33 (for old time's sake)

None of those figures proved to be in the ballpark, so to speak. Obviously the team would be better with Cruz and Miller on board, but we live in the real world. No regrets watching them walk given the price. I also would have non-tendered CD. That would have made the discussion very different IMO.

I thought Aoki would have been a worthwhile pickup. Still do.

I was briefly intrigued by Kemp. Then I sobered up.

Do you think Britton will be on the team next season?

Maybe. Doubt it. DD will find another option. And it won't cost us $9 million for three more years. I'm 85, 90% against ANY reliever on a multi-year deal.

Maybe. Doubt it. DD will find another option. And it won't cost us $9 million for three more years. I'm 85, 90% against ANY reliever on a multi-year deal.
Britton has three more years of arb. They could offer him a multi year deal or at least ago another year. I doubt he would get more than 7M in arb, and that's not all that bad for a top closer.

I voted yes for other. I was interested in Seth Smith. Don't know if we had someone as good as Maurer to offer in trade. Also thought we should have looked into trading for Marlin Byrd. Wanted Cuddyer until he got the QO.

I agree with these, but I have no idea if they matched up on a Smith or Byrd trade.

Archived