@JonHeymanCBS: sources: orioles are closing in on a deal with cuban lhp ariel miranda (Done deal)

Machado13

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he defect after the '13 season? He saw a spike in his K rate back then. But it's hard to tell anything from Cuban stats. He was one of the better pitchers on his team, but their 4th starter allowed 35 runs in 33 innings, and all of their top six pitchers appear to have been traded/acquired during the season. And a random sampling of teams all had regulars with .500-ish OPSes playing alongside regulars with 1.000 OPSes.

I guess the scouts liked him, and we'll have to go with that.

I would assume the hopes are for this fellow to be better. They are both six foot three though.

Cabral has been good in our AAA bullpen. No one knew who this kid was until 20 minutes ago. Long term this kid gets the nod - as a replacement for Matusz I would use Cabral. I have no hope that Wesley Wright will be anywhere near good this season.

Cabral has been good in our AAA bullpen. No one knew who this kid was until 20 minutes ago. Long term this kid gets the nod - as a replacement for Matusz I would use Cabral. I have no hope that Wesley Wright will be anywhere near good this season.

Could be. I thought as a transition from a starter, there might be something here.

Archived