@JonHeymanCBS: sources: orioles are closing in on a deal with cuban lhp ariel miranda (Done deal)

Machado13

Cabral has been good in our AAA bullpen. No one knew who this kid was until 20 minutes ago. Long term this kid gets the nod - as a replacement for Matusz I would use Cabral. I have no hope that Wesley Wright will be anywhere near good this season.

I think just the fact that I have seen Cabral fail with other teams was my only prejudice.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some good' date=' not great numbers in seven seasons. But he's 6'3" and only 168! Does he eat?[/quote']

Between this guy and the lhp we traded for from the Astros, perhaps DD views string beam pitchers who could fill out as the next market inefficiency...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Between this guy and the lhp we traded for from the Astros, perhaps DD views string beam pitchers who could fill out as the next market inefficiency...

He's trying to save on meal money.

Cabral has been good in our AAA bullpen. No one knew who this kid was until 20 minutes ago. Long term this kid gets the nod - as a replacement for Matusz I would use Cabral. I have no hope that Wesley Wright will be anywhere near good this season.

That's not true. He has been in the majors with the Yankees before. His major league record is certainly less than stellar. Plenty of people know about him here.

That's not true. He has been in the majors with the Yankees before. His major league record is certainly less than stellar. Plenty of people know about him here.

I think the "no one knew who this kid was until 20 minutes ago" referred to Ariel Miranda.

Incidentally, if we sign a bunch of marginal Cuban players to minor league deals I'm 100% cool with it. Make more competition at every level. :thumbsup1: Unfortunately that seems at odds with getting rid of some of our international signing pool.

Incidentally, if we sign a bunch of marginal Cuban players to minor league deals I'm 100% cool with it. Make more competition at every level. :thumbsup1: Unfortunately that seems at odds with getting rid of some of our international signing pool.

And I am sure the Cuban economy can use the boost.

No. This guy does not count against the pool. He is old enough and played professionally. That stuff is mostly for the 16 year olds that they feed the hormones to to make them 6 foot 7.

Archived