Statheads and God

orioleslist

Simple question following a recent, animated, discussion with a group of friends, all baseball fans, some statheads, some not:

Are statheads less likely to believe in God that non-statheads?

Other way to ask the question:

Is there a positive correlation between "statheadness" and atheism? A negative one? Or no correlation?

I'm interested as much in anecdotal, individual evidence/testimonies as in broader statements/theories on the subject.

[Mods, please move if this is better suited for Hangout Club.]

Simple question following a recent, animated, discussion with a group of friends, all baseball fans, some statheads, some not:

Are statheads less likely to believe in God that non-statheads?

Other way to ask the question:

Is there a positive correlation between "statheadness" and atheism? A negative one? Or no correlation?

I'm interested as much in anecdotal, individual evidence/testimonies as in broader statements/theories on the subject.

[Mods, please move if this is better suited for Hangout Club.]

I'm not ashamed to say I believe in stats as a fantastic way to evaluate players and I also believe in God. When people are asked, if you could have a beer with anyone to pick their brain who would it be, I'd choose God. Who knows, maybe God has a stat like replacement level, and if you live your life below replacement level, you'll never make it to the real Show.

I'm not ashamed to say I believe in stats as a fantastic way to evaluate players and I also believe in God. When people are asked, if you could have a beer with anyone to pick their brain who would it be, I'd choose God. Who knows, maybe God has a stat like replacement level, and if you live your life below replacement level, you'll never make it to the real Show.

Kavorka!

[video=youtube;UEiMv4mCI1g]

Archived