Can we please get rid of this?

SteveA

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If my memory is correct, Jacobs allowed Larry Lucchino to build the Camden Yads that we enjoy today.

If PGA had allowed Lucchino to stay in charge, as Jacobs did, I doubt we would have had 14 consecutive losing seasons.

If my memory is correct, Jacobs allowed Larry Lucchino to build the Camden Yads that we enjoy today.

If PGA had allowed Lucchino to stay in charge, as Jacobs did, I doubt we would have had 14 consecutive losing seasons.

I know OPACY was begun under EBW and completed under Jacobs. Not sure how much responsibility Jacobs had for it.

I just know he bought the team as an investment, didn't spend much on payroll, and was basically nonexistent as an owner.

Angelos took over and spent money. And got us to two straight ALCSs.

I know OPACY was begun under EBW and completed under Jacobs. Not sure how much responsibility Jacobs had for it.

I just know he bought the team as an investment, didn't spend much on payroll, and was basically nonexistent as an owner.

Angelos took over and spent money. And got us to two straight ALCSs.

Those two seasons don't make up for the other 14 season he mismanaged, imo. But carry on, this thread wasn't intended to be about PGA.

One of the few things Jacobs did well as owner of the Orioles was support the Baseball Assistance Team (BAT), an organization formed to help guys who played before the pension was established and had run into hard times. Rex Barney was the Orioles' representative and always spoke well of Jacobs' generosity and support for BAT.

Archived