vs. WHITE SOX, 5/28 (Game One)

OFFNY

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's an astounding lack of knowledge about the rules of the game.

I am making a point hpu is suppose to call balls and strikes as his #1 job and for years they gotten worse and worse with it. So its high time mlb lay down the law if they are truly seeking more run.

Step 1 is don't let hpus make check swing calls. They have limited views.

Step 2 is enforce the strike zone and when an ump is bad at it make them take a class. Say 20% wrong a game.

Now I know you played the game and all so don't come down too hard on me...

Yes the HPU has every right to make the call.

But in what way does it hurt for him to allow the base umps, who have a better view, make it?

Just as SOP, a guy checks his swing, the HPU looks to the base ump for the call.

Who is hurt?

I umpire the high school and college level and can tell you if you know hes gone then hes gone. Part of that is because in most high school games you don't have an umpire at each base so the base umpire is always at second. You get used to doing it your own that way.

However, if you know a guy went theres no reason to go to first. Sometimes the umpire down there isn't paying attention or didn't get a good view ETC.

I thought blue was pretty calm down, if a guy throws his bat like that while I'm working the dish not only do I toss him but I'm up right in his face after it.

For the record I have no issue with the ejection, I just think the Umps should be worried about getting things right and not how they look.

Agree. People don't pay to see them. However, Manny needs to keep his emotions in check.

Archived