Could the Orioles use the Red Sox Brock Holt

RayC

Holt is a nice utility player, but I really don't see a match or a need.

I wouldn't consider him a utility player...he is playing where ever the Rsox need him to play in order to get his bat in to the lineup...runs the bases well also.

I think we could use him as a corner outfielder or an eventual replacement for Hardy at SS.

I wouldn't consider him a utility player...he is playing where ever the Rsox need him to play in order to get his bat in to the lineup...runs the bases well also.

I think we could use him as a corner outfielder or an eventual replacement for Hardy at SS.

I like Holt, but I don't see it. No way could I see him as a starting SS. I don't see any sense muddling the COF spots again either. We don't have need at 2b. I'd just as soon see Lough/Snider/Pearce play at this point in the OF. Holt is hitting well, but he did end up with a 711 OPS last year after a hot start and a lot of AB's.

Holt has really cooled off since a hot start. Don't see the need of want for him.

Currently batting 305 with 825 OPS...I would take him, and find a place for him to play every day.

His numbers are a mirage. Since April 27th:

.217/.309/.350 - .659 OPS

Yes, he started the year ridiculously hot (in 11 games: .457/.513/.600 - 1.113 OPS). But he's fallen back down to Earth. And rightfully so. His minor league numbers peg him as a high AVG/high OBP guy but meh power.

Archived