vs. YANKEES 6/12

OFFNY

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh true. Nice to see him declining. How many years and how much more do the Yanks owe him?

Money has not been an issue for the Yankees since the early 1970's ...... and it probably won't be for many years to come.

At worst, it's a minor inconvenience for them when they have to pay boatloads of money for players that don't come anywhere near the performance level that is expected of them ...... whether it's Carl Pavano, Randy Johnson, Jason Giambi, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira, or C.C. Sabathia.

I have given up on getting any personal joy out of watching that happen a long time ago, because it really doesn't hurt them (or help their competition) in any real, fundamental way.

They are a bottomless pit of funds, and there is no "risk-reward" factor to any of their failures in regard to their decisions to throw tons of money at free agents (unlike the mid-market and small market teams.)

I don't think Manny takes it.

The only way he extends is if they offer him stupid money.

I think you need to get creative and have a blend of player, team, and mutual options in years 6-10. Not quite sure how I'd structure it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you offer Manny 10/150 this offseason if he's healthy all year? And would he accept?

I think he would do that. I am not sure we would offer quite that much. AJ was 6/$85M. Rizzo signed for 7/$41M. Trout extended for 6/$145M. Manny is only making $548K this year. Maybe 6/$100M gets it done for both sides? I agree, extending Manny would be a great move for the organization.

Archived