Buck's Post Game Presser Last Night

Dipper9

Anyone hear Buck's press conference last night after the game? He's always a bit odd, but last night I was actually concerned.

First, he started on some tangent about the Yankees having an off day yesterday and how that was unfair to the Orioles. Why don't both teams have days off together before a series, he asked. Now, I was driving home from the game, so maybe he was smirking or joking, but it didn't seem like it on the radio.

Then, where I really got concerned, is he starts talking about Tillman and how impressive it was for him to get out of the bases loaded situation by only giving up one run. Huh? And he didn't just leave it there, he went on and on about how that was his best inning because he limited the damage to one run and that inning could have been a turning point in the game, on and on he went. For those who forget, Tillman gave up 3 runs that inning and essentially let the Sox back into the game that we had a comfortable 4-0 lead in. It was alarming to say the least to hear this going on. When he finally stopped talking, there was just a silence in the room until the next question was asked, about Wieters, but no one questioned him on the "only one run allowed" speech.

It was odd, and I was alarmed. Anyone else hear or see this?

I hadn't seen the 4th inning, so I didn't think anything of it when Buck made his comment about limiting the damage. But I just went an looked at that inning, and you're right, what Buck said makes no sense.

The comment about the Yankees having an off-day didn't bother me, though it seemed a bit silly since that happens all the time.

On a side note, is there any way for a guy like me to watch the post game pressers? I watch my mlb.tv subscription through my Roku (not that it matters, but I love that little thing) and the feed stops before that comes on. I would gladly pay extra to watch Buck after every game! :epic:

I'm sure Buck has his moments like Coach Bennett (my favorite rant of all time and g rated) and I'd love to catch them:

I hadn't seen the 4th inning, so I didn't think anything of it when Buck made his comment about limiting the damage. But I just went an looked at that inning, and you're right, what Buck said makes no sense.

The comment about the Yankees having an off-day didn't bother me, though it seemed a bit silly since that happens all the time.

I enjoy it when he gives the Yankees the business. Maybe he's implying they get special treatment. Give 'em hell Buck.

On a side note, is there any way for a guy like me to watch the post game pressers? I watch my mlb.tv subscription through my Roku (not that it matters, but I love that little thing) and the feed stops before that comes on. I would gladly pay extra to watch Buck after ever game!:epic:

Go to Masnsports.com.

Anyone hear Buck's press conference last night after the game? He's always a bit odd, but last night I was actually concerned.

First, he started on some tangent about the Yankees having an off day yesterday and how that was unfair to the Orioles. Why don't both teams have days off together before a series, he asked. Now, I was driving home from the game, so maybe he was smirking or joking, but it didn't seem like it on the radio.

Then, where I really got concerned, is he starts talking about Tillman and how impressive it was for him to get out of the bases loaded situation by only giving up one run. Huh? And he didn't just leave it there, he went on and on about how that was his best inning because he limited the damage to one run and that inning could have been a turning point in the game, on and on he went. For those who forget, Tillman gave up 3 runs that inning and essentially let the Sox back into the game that we had a comfortable 4-0 lead in. It was alarming to say the least to hear this going on. When he finally stopped talking, there was just a silence in the room until the next question was asked, about Wieters, but no one questioned him on the "only one run allowed" speech.

It was odd, and I was alarmed. Anyone else hear or see this?

Himmm.. I watched it last night and I think it was a little tongue in cheek shot at the MFY.

The Tillman deal well let's just say Buck was ahead of the Tillman questions and put it to rest. ;)

On a side note, is there any way for a guy like me to watch the post game pressers? I watch my mlb.tv subscription through my Roku (not that it matters, but I love that little thing) and the feed stops before that comes on. I would gladly pay extra to watch Buck after every game!

I also watch mlb.tv on my Roku. So cool! I love using the option to watch the game while listening to the radio feed.

As to the pressers... If you subscribe to masnorioles on Youtube, they are pretty quick (usually within an hour of the game ending) to put the video of the pressers and the interviews up there. Then you can just use the roku Youtube app to watch them.

On a side note, is there any way for a guy like me to watch the post game pressers? I watch my mlb.tv subscription through my Roku (not that it matters, but I love that little thing) and the feed stops before that comes on. I would gladly pay extra to watch Buck after ever game!:epic:

Not quite as good, but MASN often has the post-game presser in their video section the next day (I don't know how quickly they get them up, maybe it's the same night). I don't see last night's, though, just the one from Wednesday.

I'm just glad we don't to have hear about Trembley 'tipping his cap' to the other team each and every night.

Dipper, are you saying that Buck actually had the facts wrong? I haven't heard the interview.

Yes, completely. He was saying Tillman limited the damage by only allowing one run when the bases were loaded with none out. In reality, he gave up 3 runs and allowed Boston back into the game. It was a complete brain fart. And he did it all on his own, elaborating on and on about it. It was just very strange.

I'm guessing the off-day remark was a little dig at Girardi, who has complained that the Yankees are victimized by having to play so many Sunday night games and then travel to play somewhere else the next night.

Ah, this makes sense. That would be something Buck would do too. Thanks.

Archived