Are the Blue Jays our rivals?

Danielos38

Are the Blue Jays our rivals?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Blue Jays our rivals?

• Yes, we've developed a true rivalry with the Jays
    • Only in the sense that they're a divisional opponent.
    • No, they're not at the level of being called a "rival"

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you kidding?

If you still think the Yankees and the Red Sox are our top rivals, you haven't been paying attention the last 3 years. Those games are snoozers compared to what we've got going on with the Jays.

It's good vs. evil here, folks. The Jays are the lousiest, scummiest group of villains to play the game at the same time I've ever seen in my entire life.

Bautista is a joke - the worst guy in sports I've ever seen - and Gibbons is a straight up loser. Encarnacion and Martin and Reyes are crony d-bags. And their stadium is a trash fire that should be razed.

NY and Boston? Man, who cares, honestly.

This is a great post:) I still hate the Yankees more than anyone not named the Patriots though:)

Are you kidding?

If you still think the Yankees and the Red Sox are our top rivals, you haven't been paying attention the last 3 years. Those games are snoozers compared to what we've got going on with the Jays.

It's good vs. evil here, folks. The Jays are the lousiest, scummiest group of villains to play the game at the same time I've ever seen in my entire life.

Bautista is a joke - the worst guy in sports I've ever seen - and Gibbons is a straight up loser. Encarnacion and Martin and Reyes are crony d-bags. And their stadium is a trash fire that should be razed.

NY and Boston? Man, who cares, honestly.

Everybody in the AL EAST is a rival.

Next year your description could match any TEAM in the AL EAST or for that matter all of them the Jay's just happen to be at the top of the heap right now. .

The rivalry only takes place in Toronto. I know this sounds strange but the Orioles are super challenged to play defense on that painted cement "field" and it takes them out of their game. The Os starting pitchers seem to get flustered and overcompensate by trying to pitch perfectly which ends up in walks and hit batsmen. I don't know if this qualifies as rivalry status but it definitely bothers the Os that they feel that they must adjust to the Jays at the Rogers Center.

LOL so true. I never realized Martin was such a d-bag until yesterday.

What did Martin do? I missed part of the game yesterday.

I remember at Wieters' 1st all-star game Martin was told to go in and he told the manager to play Wieters instead, since he had been there before and Wieters hadn't. Also, at some point this weekend there was a play at the plate (I think with Hardy), and after the play Martin gave a quick check to Hardy to see if he was OK. He seems like a good egg in my book.

The rest of them can go pound sand. :)

1. Blue Jays

2. Royals

3. Don't Care

hahaha great rankings. I hate the Blue Jays and all their stupid antics, but then again you have the obnoxious Royals, however we dont see them as often so definitely put them in 2nd. I'm still bitter over the stupid fluke hits they got in the ALCS! There definitely is added tension when the Orioles face off with the Jays.

What did Martin do? I missed part of the game yesterday.

I remember at Wieters' 1st all-star game Martin was told to go in and he told the manager to play Wieters instead, since he had been there before and Wieters hadn't. Also, at some point this weekend there was a play at the plate (I think with Hardy), and after the play Martin gave a quick check to Hardy to see if he was OK. He seems like a good egg in my book.

The rest of them can go pound sand. :)

He was being very showboaty yesterday and kept on doing that James Harden thing. Plus yeah I think he did act like a jerk on the called third strike. I mean maybe it was just the emotions of the weekend since as you say he's been a good guy in the past and because of that I won't say he's like Bautista. Anyhow for the OP, I would vote yes. They did decide to poach our GM in en extremely bushleague way, Bautista's constantly trying to start crap, etc. Buerhle seems like an all right guy and a fish out of water on that team. Never got an attitude vibe from him watchimg him pitch.

Archived