Drum beat a little louder for Cubs deal

wildcard

I can't wait for this BRob stuff to be over, one way or another...That way these trolls, err i mean Cubs fans, can go away and watch their team have another season where they fail to deliver a championship.

I will not miss these angry, smart-azz trolls either.

If they get their panties in a bunch this easily over rumor mill trade speculation in the offseason- they must jump off the Sears Tower in droves during the regular season when they lose actual games on the field.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish you would stop lumping all us Cub fans together because of one who I disagree with.

They know who they are. If the shoe fits- wear it.

If it doesn't, (like in your case) don't sweat it.

No offense, but you should change your ID and correct the spelling. I would imagine what you have done would be like an Orioles fan calling themselves

"K AL RIPKEN or CAL RIPK I N" :eek:

Peter told Andy, "OK Andy. Do it. I don't like it but do it. One thing however. Wait until the week before Opening Day in case we get a better deal."

Out of respect for Peter's Greek heritage, this will have to wait until after Easter. Deal's done Monday, announced Tueday.

Orthodox Easter is April 27 however, so I could be wrong about the Easter part.

They know who they are. If the shoe fits- wear it.

If it doesn't, (like in your case) don't sweat it.

No offense, but you should change your ID and correct the spelling. I would imagine what you have done would be like an Orioles fan calling themselves

"K AL RIPKEN or CAL RIPK I N" :eek:

Actually, I kind of like his ID. I'm not sure how to put it, but its imperfection makes it kind of cooler! :cool:

Peter told Andy, "OK Andy. Do it. I don't like it but do it. One thing however. Wait until the week before Opening Day in case we get a better deal."

Out of respect for Peter's Greek heritage, this will have to wait until after Easter. Deal's done Monday, announced Tueday.

Orthodox Easter is April 27 however, so I could be wrong about the Easter part.

I hope your right.

I don't know if anyone's posted this about the Tigers wanting Mike Wuertz from the Cubs but if so and Brandon Inge is included a deal for Chone Figgins is definately possible cause Anaheim wants a 3rd baseman back in return and Inge fits the bill. That would possibly leave Andy with his tail firmly between his legs which he deserves at this point.

Not really - keeping Roberts is not necessarily a bad thing. Getting marginal players in return IS a bad thing. If this a player that we were truly trying to "dump" off the roster, then I would understand your comment. There's no real shame in not making the trades that have been speculated on here. Something better will come along, whether its from the Cubs or not.

Wrong. Roberts has zero to do w/ Pie. The cubs have turned their focus away from roberts & are instead looking at a right hand alternative in center to platoon w/ pie. Oh...& they are also rumored to be heavily involved w/ Felipe Lopez who has been playing 2B in spring training & could also lead off. Hendry is on record saying the cubs do not have the budget for both crisp & roberts so if you see crisp come over or lopez...you can close the books on the cubs being a suitor for you and I don't see anyone else making offers for roberts. It appears McFail is outthinking himself on this one.

I think Pinella and Hendry both know that Felipe Lopez isn't half the player of Brian Roberts. And the spelling isn't McFail, I'm sure that was just a typo:rolleyes:

Not really - keeping Roberts is not necessarily a bad thing. Getting marginal players in return IS a bad thing. If this a player that we were truly trying to "dump" off the roster, then I would understand your comment. There's no real shame in not making the trades that have been speculated on here. Something better will come along, whether its from the Cubs or not.
Believe me if Am waits to the trade dead line offers will be less then there are now. Teams are looking for pitching at that point. It sounds to me Roberts wants out sooner rather then later.

I think Pinella and Hendry both know that Felipe Lopez isn't half the player of Brian Roberts. And the spelling isn't McFail, I'm sure that was just a typo:rolleyes:

Not only that, but Felipe Lopez isn't half the player Mark DeRosa is. DeRo would be fully justified in running through the streets of Chicago smashing car windows with his bat if he were to lose his job to Felipe Lopez.

Wrong. Roberts has zero to do w/ Pie. The cubs have turned their focus away from roberts & are instead looking at a right hand alternative in center to platoon w/ pie. Oh...& they are also rumored to be heavily involved w/ Felipe Lopez who has been playing 2B in spring training & could also lead off. Hendry is on record saying the cubs do not have the budget for both crisp & roberts so if you see crisp come over or lopez...you can close the books on the cubs being a suitor for you and I don't see anyone else making offers for roberts. It appears McFail is outthinking himself on this one.

In other words, Hendry has lost the desire to win a World Series.

If I were you, I would be demanding his head on a platter served over roasted billy goat.

Not only that, but Felipe Lopez isn't half the player Mark DeRosa is. DeRo would be fully justified in running through the streets of Chicago smashing car windows with his bat if he were to lose his job to Felipe Lopez.

This might go in the "How Much is Too Much" thread, but do you know how much I would pay to see that?

(As long as my car was parked somewhere like Milwaukee or Gary, Indiana...)

Teamsdo not turn thier heads away from a guy they salivated to sign for months now. If the Orioles called tomorrow and said Veal, Gallagher, and Patterson a deal would be done by Wednesday. People say we over value Brian Roberts, but he is clearly in his prime. The entire package makes him one of the best 3-5 second basebman in the game. On top of that is probably one of the best 3-5 leadoff hitters in the came and his defense is above average. The Cubs have one of the 5-10 worst farm systems right now. Getting back 3-4 of their top 10 is not the same as getting back some of the Reds or Yankees top 10. A package of Veal, Gallagher, Patterson, and Ceda would get this deal done. Veal and Ceda are question marks with upside. Veal flat out got rocked last year and the O's already have a lot of minor league guys with "upside". Ceda is going to be a setup man or closer, which would help if he panned out. DCab may eventually find himself in one of those roles and the same goes for Liz. Patterson can't field and most teams like him as an outfeilder. We already have a few good ones. Cedeno could play shortand that is my guess for why the Orioles want him in the package. Gallagher is a solid peice and should project as a #3 starter. As it stands now, the Cubs get an All-Star second baseman who produces at the top of the order and the Orioles get a solid prospect, two guys who will not be up for two years, and a guy that the Cubs could possibly waive. He is a backup infielder on most teams. Trust me, the Cubs are still interested and I this deal gets done. My guess: Gallagher (#3), Veal (#7), Jose Ceda (#9) Sam Fuld (#13) and Cedeno.

here is what you are missing. 1. once the cubs fill their roster & hit their budget limit...the interest in roberts from them stops. 2. i don't see anyone else making offers for him 3. roberts' value only drops from here as it is a step closer to free agency. He is being wasted on a 5th place team. The next thing will be him forcing a trade due to his attitude slipping. I doubt he wants to play on a 5th place team during his prime years.

Archived