If we get Ronny Cedeno, will it affect our draft?

Kudos to both weblink21 and stotle. Great answers. Thanks fellas. i really think we need to have another open forum chat when all of us that are interested in the draft are available.

I am always down for a draft chat. I love keeping up on this. Like I told Greg. It will be a good time to get into knowing alot about the draft because I think we may have top 5 picks for at least a few years. :D

Regardless of how good Cedeno is or will be we need to take the best player available, regardless of position, at #4.

Cedeno while an interesting talent should have no bearing on who we pick at 4. If JJ deems Beckham the highest ceiling talent available then we grab him and run. If Beckham rockets through the system then we move Cendeno to 2B down the road.

I am always down for a draft chat. I love keeping up on this. Like I told Greg. It will be a good time to get into knowing alot about the draft because I think we may have top 5 picks for at least a few years. :D

I have a feeling we will be picking in the top 5 for the next few years, probally #1 overall next year and to be honest im happy with that. Lets build a team from the ground up. AM has done a great job of starting that in just his first year. I couldnt be happier with what direction are Org. is going.

I have a feeling we will be picking in the top 5 for the next few years, probally #1 overall next year and to be honest im happy with that. Lets build a team from the ground up. AM has done a great job of starting that in just his first year. I couldnt be happier with what direction are Org. is going.

Well we will at least have a top 5 pick this year and next year. After that I'm hoping were in the 20's.

• 3 weeks later...
From all indications, we are going to make a trade with the Cubs, and a name that surfaces quite often in the deal is SS Ronny Cedeno.

For the sake of this thread lets say we get Cedeno and he plays better than we expect. Now, come draft day, lets say both Smoak and Beckham are sitting pretty at our doorstep--will we bypass Beckham cause we have Cedeno? We could certainly use more power bats in our system, and Smoak, Hosmer, or Alonso could provide that. Or maybe we go with one of the stud pitchers (Crow, Matusz).

What would you guys do?

Hope not! Jordan cant be that dumb

Cedeno's unlikely presence wouldn't affect the draft at all. The better question would be - Would Rowell's presence (not to mention Snyder's and Moore's) affect picking Alvarez? And I don't think it would - as he appears to be the best prospect in the draft. I think Alvarez will be availabe, and I think he will be the pick.

But ya never know.

Archived