vs. TIGERS, 7/17

OFFNY

Ubaldo's 2010 numbers

So you looked up 2010 when he was 3rd in CY voting? He had two bad games post All-Star in 2010. Other then that he was 6ip or more pitcher and lost games giving up less then 3 ER. In Sept 2010 he had 3 games that he should have gotten his 20th game won but Rockies didn't have an offense.

Look at his innings pitched over the last nine games.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No,but he has to go longer in games or you expose the bad part of the bullpen.

Again, Detroit is not his favorite stadium. It's also muggy as hell in the area (I live 3 hours from Detroit). Ball was gonna carry tonight.

Also Ubaldo has 4 games (including tonight) less then 5 IP, one of those he was tossed from a game. Matter of fact, he has pitched prior to this game pretty well. 13 ER in last 9 games. Sorry bud.. he's pitching fine and tonight is an off night. He's the least of the issues. Tillman is a bigger issue.

I'd definitely trade O'Day since we won't receive compensation for him when he leaves.

I don't think I'd trade Davis - I doubt we'd receive more value for him than a comp pick.

I'd trade Wieters and Chen if we could get 2 good prospects for each.

But I love draft picks.

I have to question if they bring back more then a comp pick in value for a rental.

Again, Detroit is not his favorite stadium. It's also muggy as hell in the area (I live 3 hours from Detroit). Ball was gonna carry tonight.

Also Ubaldo has 4 games (including tonight) less then 5 IP, one of those he was tossed from a game. Matter of fact, he has pitched prior to this game pretty well. 13 ER in last 9 games. Sorry bud.. he's pitching fine and tonight is an off night. He's the least of the issues. Tillman is a bigger issue.

Never says he was the biggest problem. Buck is the one saying pitchers got to go deeper in games.Tillman and Gonzo scare me more and not sure about what we get with Gausman.

Look at his innings pitched over the last nine games.

And look at Tillmans.. Ubaldo is least of our concerns. Ubaldo has left us in the game each time he leaves (except for tonight). Ubaldo has 104 ip pitched 18 starts which includes getting tossed from a game with a no hitter against Boston. Accounting for that he's avg of 6ip per game.

Go ahead Bordick, say something positive.

"You have to love the Orioles' strategy of exhausting the Tigers' offense for the last two games of this series. Buck Showalter, he's a veteran, he's playing the long game."

Hahahaha. Being Bordick you almost wonder if he is not being sarcastic. there.

But I love draft picks.

I have to question if they bring back more then a comp pick in value for a rental.

That goes without saying. But if teams are stupid enough to trade ERod for a rental, then why not explore all the options. If you can get top 100 prospects for your players, you do that every day and twice on Sunday. If you're offered a bag of balls you QO them and get the picks. It really needs to be explored imo.

Archived