Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Preller went for it and it didn't work. He was the toast of the off season. I can't blame him. Getting out from under as many of those contracts as possible is the way to go now. He went for the Marlins model. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't get he brass ring before tearing it all down and starting over.
That may very well be true; it likely is true. But the Padres' fan base isn't going to be very happy.

Here is an interesting article that I grabbed using Google. Look at the comments and you'll see what I mean about a dissatisfied fan base. Which will likely be lost revenue from fans refusing to spend money on going to Padres games. Football is coming up and the Chargers just might be more interesting.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/story/san-diego-padres-gm-a-j-preller-trade-justin-upton-craig-kimbrel-070715

Would it be possible for you just to make your point without trying to pick a fight with the saber guys in every single post. I don't know what your deal is but you're freaking obsessed. The points you made were valid (to me at least) but they are minimized by the battle you (and only you) seem to be waging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do it b/c the saber guys frequently bully people for disagreeing with their shtick. Having more of an open-mind is probably a good thing and I think a little humble pie is appropriate.

He likes to stroll down this path, all the time. :)

Speaking of humble pie, whenever someone questioned the front-office, your classic go-to rebuttal was to *kindly* reference that the Orioles had the best record in MLB for the past 3 years. :)

That may very well be true; it likely is true. But the Padres' fan base isn't going to be very happy.

Here is an interesting article that I grabbed using Google. Look at the comments and you'll see what I mean about a dissatisfied fan base. Which will likely be lost revenue from fans refusing to spend money on going to Padres games. Football is coming up and the Chargers just might be more interesting.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/story/san-diego-padres-gm-a-j-preller-trade-justin-upton-craig-kimbrel-070715

Chargers are at the bottom of totem pole here...they have alienated SD with their abrasive "F U, we are gone" campaign

2016 29 Cincinnati Reds $12,500,000

2017 30 Cincinnati Reds *$13,000,000

*Club Option

He's under contract thru 2016 and his deal averages about 10-11 million a year, which is about what Markakis was offered and agreed to before it was rescinded.

Bruce is heating up and has good numbers lately, but was very disappointing last season and his RF arm may not be what it used to be.He is 3 years younger than Nick and when he was producing was considered one of the bright young stars in the game.He is a good LH power bat.

Im not sure what it would take to get him, but would anyone out there be interested in the pickup if it were to happen?Does anyone remember another OF who was given away by the Reds because he was"an old 30"?.

Hmmmm?..

Bruce is under control through 2017.

smh...

anyway, Ben Zobrist is exactly the kind of player that the Orioles have needed - fundamental, baseball smart, knows how to have good at bats, etc. I know that these are attributes can't be measured with a formula so they will be dismissed by some, but they do matter. Nick Markakis was the same way and that's one of the reasons why it was painful to see him go. I do agree that it would have been more beneficial to have him here for the entire season but it is what it is. I don't think that the Orioles should be buyer's at this point.

This is pretty funny stuff Herman, even for you. Zobrist has been very highly rated by WAR, even MVP caliber in some years, and has often times been pointed out as guy that WAR/sabremetrics overvalues. He's basically been the poster boy for sabremetrics.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Red Sox have traded Shane Victorino and cash to the Angels for infielder Josh Rutledge.</p>— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

">July 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Red Sox have traded Shane Victorino and cash to the Angels for infielder Josh Rutledge.? Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) July 27, 2015

Good trade for angels; left field has been terrible for them.

@JonHeymanCBS: Mets are getting closer to a deal for Tyler Clippard. Good pickup for them.

Tyler Clippard to Mets. Casey Meisner.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/6/22/8821351/mets-prospect-casey-meisner-future-major-league-ace

His fastball will be a plus offering, and his change-up may get there, but his curve will hold him back from consistent greatness. Casey will flash the occasional great start and the occasional dud. Overall, though, he should be a pitcher you can count on to provide quality innings.

The best thing Meisner has going for him is his chance for more improvement. Although he has been excellent this year in Savannah, posting a sparkling 2.15 ERA, Meisner's delivery is far from perfect. Should he clean up his motion, his secondary offerings will improve, and his projection could shift from mid-tier starter to frontline arm. At worst, Meisner ends up as a middle-inning bullpen arm with plus stuff, ala Chris Martin of the Yankees.

Archived