Trade Watch (It starts)

weams

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh well. You are welcome to your opinion. Three games back is something that the team management and ownership feels the owe to the fans.

As you, your's. I get it. I've stated in many other threads in the past weeks, that I feel as though the off-season is for buying and the trade deadline for intelligent selling. I, for one, simply do not trust DD to make good trades at a deadline.; it clearly isn't his strong point. I've also said that I feel as though we could intelligently sell and leave us with a good chance to still make the post-season if some things broke our way.

I'd argue they "owed" it to the fans moreso in the off-season. We did practically nothing while the Yankees and Blue Jays improved (as stated this in the off-season while it was happening). We did too little then, but that doesn't mean we should mortgage the future now. I don't see us as 1 piece away.. more like 3 pieces away. Right now we're basically completely healthy and are barely winning games.

Like most people, I'm all for buying if we're going to fleece someone. Conversely, if we managed a Bedard-esque trade we might be able to set up the next 3-4 years.

EDIT: You want to trade for a Norris-type who's under control for a few years, I have no problem with that for the right price. I have no interest in 2 month rentals. Too much is given up for 6 innings of the Millers of the world (he didn't do anything that changed the outcome of the regular season).

I think the Rockies did rather well. I did not expect the third arm to have that much upside.

The Rockies did well, but do we have any pieces we're willing to give up that is remotely as attractive (baseball wise) as Tulowitzki?

Britton may bring back the most (I'll assume Machado and Jones are not available), but with Chapman, Paplebon, and SD's closer on the market, it may not be the best time to move him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today could be an intersting day with the starters their is 4-5 guys pitching tonight that have been rumored on the move. I wonder if we see any of them miss a start tonight. Leake, Price, Samadja, Shields, and Iwakuma all go tonight.

I guess they think this will help them win a couple of close games. We have not been good this season in one run games but the Jays have been the one of the worst in baseball. They are just 10-21 in one run games.

Yeah, not to bust Stotle's chops too much but 24 ours is long past and nothing happened. Also, it sounds like the Rangers are far from a slam dunk to get Hamels. Sounds like the Giants are now making a push.

For clarity, I'm asking out of curiosity. No chops busting here either.

Is that Dodgers trade you mentioned a couple of days ago still in the works?

So far as I know. I heard there was some blowback from one of the teams involved, internally, and medicals hadn't been swapped. So, room there for it to fall apart.

Yeah, not to bust Stotle's chops too much but 24 ours is long past and nothing happened. Also, it sounds like the Rangers are far from a slam dunk to get Hamels. Sounds like the Giants are now making a push.

Giants can't touch was Texas has on table, but maybe Texas backs off if Phillies keep pushing.

I'm cool with chops being busted. I seldom pass along info. If I decide to and it falls through I don't mind at all being questioned. My bar is very high for this type of info; I'm not a fan of flaming rumors.

Archived