vs. ATHLETICS, 8/04

OFFNY

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a complete joke. Intentionally walking arguably THE WORST HITTER IN BASEBALL to get to a guy that actually has some pop is at least decent at the plate. What an awful game. This is exactly why they're a .500 team so far. Mainly because the offense rarely gives the team a chance to win more than 1 game in a row.

Has to accept the QO before he'd be offered 4/60.

I think...

Seriously, what big market team is so desperate for an upgrade at catcher that they will offer Wieters a contract over $100 million? Toronto has Russell Martin, Yankees have McCann, and the Dodgers have Grandal, Giants have Posey, Cubs have Montero and the Cardinals have Molina. Seattle maybe but will they want to overpay in free agency after the Cano disaster? I don't see Boston giving up Swihart this early. What team will offer him the mega contract?

We should be done with Snider after THIS game.Id take my chances with other bats: Alvarez, Walker, anyone but Snider. Id also bench Paredes. This game is a microcosm of all thats wrong with this team all year. Poor situational hitting. Mediocre starting pitching, No ability to move runners and get RISP with less than 2 out.We better win tomorrow. We can't afford to lose more ground when everyone else in our division is playing well.

Just give Reimold most of the bats at LF for the rest of the season. He has the best walk rate on this team and the second highest OBP after Machado. Snider should not be getting this many ABs. He's been given more than a fair opportunity to get it going and he's failed to take advantage of it. Enough is enough.

Archived