What would be best for the Orioles in 2016  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What would be best for the Orioles in 2016

• Extend him
    • He signs elsewhere; o's get pick
    • He accepts QO; back in 2016 at 1/17
    • Don't offer QO; let him walk

This poll is closed to new votes

What's the best case scenario for the Orioles?

Poll coming. I'm definitely against an extension and I doubt the front office is even considering one at this point, but I go back and forth on whether the the best case scenario would be for him to stick around another year to rebuild value or if that 17 million would be better reinvested into an everyday player.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How could the O's not offering a QO possibly be a better choice then the Orioles offering him a QO and having him refuse it?
Yeah. The poll isn't well thought out. Best case of those two is obvious. There is no opinion necessary. My greatest concern, is that he accepts the QO.

I just included all four possibilities. Obviously you aren't going to pick option four unless you're an idiot.

Poll coming. I'm definitely against an extension and I doubt the front office is even considering one at this point, but I go back and forth on whether the the best case scenario would be for him to stick around another year to rebuild value or if that 17 million would be better reinvested into an everyday player.

An extension would assume a reasonable AAV and years. If that were the case that would be the best solution. If It is two expensive then the QO that he turns down would be next best.

There is virtually no way he accepts a QO and there isn't a scenario I would extend him. I would be happy to let him re-build his value on the QO contract if out of some wild scenario he did extend it. Much more likely that he is an Atlanta Brave next year.

Scott Boras had the "Team Boras" wives in his luxury box behind home plate where the nation could see them during every pitch.I don't know where Wei Chen's wife was. It was like a cocktail party they were having with Pat Sajak. The world is their oyster.

There is virtually no way he accepts a QO and there isn't a scenario I would extend him. I would be happy to let him re-build his value on the QO contract if out of some wild scenario he did extend it. Much more likely that he is an Atlanta Brave next year.
Really, suppose he would agree to 5/60M you wouldn't go for that?

Unless we have a shocking budget increase, I think the simple fact is that our money is better spent elsewhere. The gap between Wieters and Joseph is not as large as the gap we would see if other positions are not addressed. Spend the money we do have to spend on a FA outfielder or on extending Chen/Davis.

Unless we have a shocking budget increase, I think the simple fact is that our money is better spent elsewhere. The gap between Wieters and Joseph is not as large as the gap we would see if other positions are not addressed. Spend the money we do have to spend on a FA outfielder or on extending Chen/Davis.

You been watching Scott Bosas' body language? He look like he's extending anyone?

You been watching Scott Bosas' body language? He look like he's extending anyone?

You're right, I should have said re-signing, not extending.

And while I do think it's unlikely we re-sign Chen or Davis, I at least think those are things we should be trying to do. I think it'd be a better move for the O's to pay above "market value" for Chen or Davis than to pay equal to market value for Wieters.

You're right, I should have said re-signing, not extending.

And while I do think it's unlikely we re-sign Chen or Davis, I at least think those are things we should be trying to do. I think it'd be a better move for the O's to pay above "market value" for Chen or Davis than to pay equal to market value for Wieters.

Interesting point. Thanks.

I voted he goes to another team. O's get a pick.

Archived