• 2 months later...

Orioles win streaks this year:

2 on April 5-6

4 on May 9-12

2 on May 24-25

2 on June 5-6

2 on June 22-23

T-t-t-that’s all, folks!!!

Meanwhile we’ve had losing streaks of 9, 7, 7, 6, 6, 5 and 5 (not counting the shorter ones).

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

2 on April 5-6

4 on May 9-12

2 on May 24-25

2 on June 5-6

2 on June 22-23

Meanwhile we’ve had losing streaks of 9, 7, 7, 6, 6, 5 and 5 (not counting the shorter ones).

Since May 18th we have a winning percentage of 24 percent.  Hard to get winning streaks going when you average winning less than every 4th game.  If you win 2 in a row that means you have to go on a 7 game losing streak to make up for it. 

46 minutes ago, atomic said:

Since May 18th we have a winning percentage of 24 percent.  Hard to get winning streaks going when you average winning less than every 4th game.  If you win 2 in a row that means you have to go on a 7 game losing streak to make up for it. 

I think I’d say it the other way around — it’s hard to get your winning percentage up to a reasonable number when you almost never win consecutive games.

I keep thinking that a time has to come where the team has a little streak of decent baseball.    And it keeps not coming.  

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think I’d say it the other way around — it’s hard to get your winning percentage up to a reasonable number when you almost never win consecutive games.

I keep thinking that a time has to come where the team has a little streak of decent baseball.    And it keeps not coming.  

Yeah I think the team has been in a rut since April.  Usually in situations like this the manager would have been fired and players would have been released or traded and players get more confidence as changes would have been made.  Britton, Jones and Machado have all been playing at 100 percent as they are free agents.  Everyone else seems to be going through the motions at this point. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

2 on April 5-6

4 on May 9-12

2 on May 24-25

2 on June 5-6

2 on June 22-23

Jim Hunter may call 2 in a row, a "streak" but, nah. ?

As an example of how this season has gone, take a look at these runs.
5/26-6/16 Lose 7-win 2(Mets)-Lose 9; 2 wins in 18 games.
 6/24-7/8,  Lose 7 - win 1- Lose 6; 1 win in 14 games.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Yeah I think the team has been in a rut since April.  Usually in situations like this the manager would have been fired and players would have been released or traded and players get more confidence as changes would have been made.  Britton, Jones and Machado have all been playing at 100 percent as they are free agents.  Everyone else seems to be going through the motions at this point. 

I don't see that. Most of the other guys are playing either to stick in the major leagues or prolong their ML careers. If you do, I'd be curious who you think is not giving maximum effort, or pretty damn close to it. 

Coby Rasmus doesn't count.

Archived