Congratulations Jason Garcia

weams

I think Garcia needs to accumulate 90 days active on Baltimore's 25-man roster in order to lose his Rule 5 status. I don't think his time on the DL counts. Not sure?

But there would never be any need to put him on the DL with expanded September rosters. Unless we have 16 guys we want to call up.

He could break his arm and stay on the September roster.

Ok, maybe if they want to bring up guys who aren't on the 40 man and put someone on the 60 day DL to clear a 40 man spot...but after the gyrations they have gone thru to keep Garcia all year there is NO WAY they would ever do that.

But there would never be any need to put him on the DL with expanded September rosters. Unless we have 16 guys we want to call up.

He could break his arm and stay on the September roster.

Ok, maybe if they want to bring up guys who aren't on the 40 man and put someone on the 60 day DL to clear a 40 man spot...but after the gyrations they have gone thru to keep Garcia all year there is NO WAY they would ever do that.

I was talking about the 60 days he already spent on the DL not counting. Yeah, he could sit in the BP the rest of the year if Buck wanted that. But I think after his performance tonight, he will see some innings the rest of the year.....and hopefully stay healthy.

Archived