Who was DD trying to get?

TouchemAll

I don't think there is any doubt that O'day will get a 3/25+ deal which is much better for him than a 1/15+, so I see no risk in giving a QO

I really doubt that anyone is going to give MW a multi year deal, so I think its possible he accepts a QO and of course the O's don't want to pay him 15+ million.

I am not sure about your logic here. If he accepted the QO at let's say close to 16. He would only need to be paid about 4.5 the next two years to hit the 3/25 you suggest. I'd take the QO and risk it at the minimum chance of getting a 2/14 in 2017, which would amount to about 3/30. Most here think he is about a 3/21 player.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not sure they offer QO to O'Day, that would be one hell of a pay increase for him and relievers dont make 15+ million per year.

It sure would. I guess it doesn't penetrate that millions of dollars can buy actual, you know, major leaguers. But then again why should it, because it's like a compensation pick man and the farm system needs them and all....

What pitcher passed through waivers and has a big contract that would be available for additional seasons. Look for that answer and you can then answer the question that the OP made before this thread got derailed.

Ubaldo...wow. That would have been a good trade perhaps....Figures, that is the one he doesn't make:)

Ubaldo...wow. That would have been a good trade perhaps....Figures, that is the one he doesn't make:)

I assume he was trying to acquire another pitcher. With a bad contract. I assume it fell apart because the contract reparations could not be agreed upon.

I thought they kept Matt because they were "all in."
Buck said multiple times, you just dont trade somebody because they are a FA at the end of the season.

I believe the value the draft pick more than some posters do.

Based on their track record with draft picks, why do you value it?

I am not sure about your logic here. If he accepted the QO at let's say close to 16. He would only need to be paid about 4.5 the next two years to hit the 3/25 you suggest. I'd take the QO and risk it at the minimum chance of getting a 2/14 in 2017, which would amount to about 3/30. Most here think he is about a 3/21 player.

My logic is that it is 25 million guaranteed vs 15 million guaranteed. Relievers are pretty fragile, next year could be ODay' last. and no one has ever accepted a QO

My logic is that it is 25 million guaranteed vs 15 million guaranteed. Relievers are pretty fragile, next year could be ODay' last. and no one has ever accepted a QO

MW, Chen and Davis should get the QO

O'Day is kinda tempting but my guess is that if you attach a pick to him, it would impact his value. He would likely be the only non-closer with a pick attached to him. I am not sure how many teams would want to give up a pick for him if there are other options on the market that could be viable, that will decrease his ability to get the best deal he can. It might in this scenario pay to take the 15+ million and bet you can repeat your consistent success one more time and hit the market next year.

I doubt the O's QO O'Day.

If they are too risk adverse to offer Matt a QO, they definitely wont offer one to ODay.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'd like to see them resign Oday to a reasonable deal. IMO he not getting anywhere near 15M per and he's not getting closer money. I'd say 3 years for 13 million total.

I'd like to see them resign Oday to a reasonable deal. IMO he not getting anywhere near 15M per and he's not getting closer money. I'd say 3 years for 13 million total.

He will certainly get more than that. Pat Neshek got 6M per year for 3 years from Houston. Boone Logan got $5M per. ODay will get around $20M or so on his next contract.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived