Who was DD trying to get?

TouchemAll

I don't think there is any doubt that O'day will get a 3/25+ deal which is much better for him than a 1/15+, so I see no risk in giving a QO

I really doubt that anyone is going to give MW a multi year deal, so I think its possible he accepts a QO and of course the O's don't want to pay him 15+ million.

And a team might not give him that deal if they have to give up a draft pick.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is logic behind not offering Wieters a QO. If you fail to acknowledge it, it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

My thoughts, they kept Matt because they are going to offer him a QO and want the pick.

Otherwise, they would have traded him and got something for him.

I don't understand why Davis, Wieters and Chen are still here?

We could definitely have gotten a very nice haul via trades. To let them walk without trading them is a sin.

MSK

Buck said multiple times, you just dont trade somebody because they are a FA at the end of the season.

I believe the value the draft pick more than some posters do.

Why they are here past Aug 31? Or July 31?

Both.

It was somewhat clear that things were shaky at the first trade deadline. It might have been a good idea to trade Wieters since we have adequate internal options (Caleb and Clevenger) to pick up some prospects. We need some pitching prospects right now really bad.

MSK

Both.

It was somewhat clear that things were shaky at the first trade deadline. It might have been a good idea to trade Wieters since we have adequate internal options (Caleb and Clevenger) to pick up some prospects. We need some pitching prospects right now really bad.

MSK

Do you understand how the Aug31 deadline works?

I don't understand why Davis, Wieters and Chen are still here?

We could definitely have gotten a very nice haul via trades. To let them walk without trading them is a sin.

MSK

What not trading those three was is a failure of talent evaluation of the major league team and it's chances. But the front office was clearly very horrible at talent evaluation this season. They should have seen what the Jays were doing and become sellers right away. That said, the market flipped and became a buyers market very quickly, which probably hurt the value of the Oriole's tradeable commodities.

There is logic behind not offering Wieters a QO. If you fail to acknowledge it, it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Sigh....definitely. We shouldn't IMO.

I think it is best DD didn't make the deal...based on his resume thus far. Probably good news for us.

That's the playoff roster deadline correct?

MSK

Correct. But it is the waiver deadline. Players have to pass through waivers if you want to trade with any team. And if they get claimed, you can only trade with that team. And teams claim players with no intentions to trade for them to prevent them to getting to other teams. So it isnt exactly easy to trade.

Archived