Matt Harvey for Zach Britton?

weams

Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?

• Dark Knight (Boras Client)
    • Zach Attack (Boras Client)

Again, I have heard from people close to the Mets organization that Matt Harvey has never had many fans in the Mets organization (with statements like "he's a horse's a..) I have no reason to doubt this

Just like Strasburg (who is extremely talented, but softer than the Stay Puft marshmallow man) I don't think he fits into the Orioles clubhouse

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, I have heard from people close to the Mets organization that Matt Harvey has never had many fans in the Mets organization (with statements like "he's a horse's a..) I have no reason to doubt this

Just like Strasburg (who is extremely talented, but softer than the Stay Puft marshmallow man) I don't think he fits into the Orioles clubhouse

Imagine if Baltimore had both Strasburg and Harvey in the clubhouse/rotation. What a nightmare!

Imagine if Baltimore had both Strasburg and Harvey in the clubhouse/rotation? What a nightmare!

Matt Harvey, Stephen Strasburg, and David "Postseason Choker" Price.

In a million years, I would not want any of those malcontents screwing up the chemistry of Buck Showalter's "Nugget" 2015 Baltimore Orioles starting rotation.

Here's the problem - Buck already said he's only interested in bringing quality people to the clubhouse - if Harvey or Puig are in "bad situations" because they're "bad apples", there will be no interest in them no matter how good they are. That's the gist I'm getting anyway.
Delmon Young.

Could it be the perfect storm? Harvey is crapping the bed vs Dodgers right now. Fan frustration level to get rid of him will be at an all time high.

Maybe it won't even require Britton. ;)

If baseball GM's were as temperamental and impulsive as were a lot of baseball fans, it would be quite likely.

They aren't.

So there is no way that the Mets will be trading Harvey for a closer (even an elite closer) in the off-season.

Astros blew a huge lead today. Could be a great match for the O's and Britton. They have a need and a ton of talent. They have 4 FA's out of their pen,

Perez LHP

Sipp LHP

Thatcher LHP

Qualls RHP (has team option but they'll probably decline)

I know the Astros are just loaded in the minors. So much so that they're losing guys in the Rule 5 or having to trade them away for cheap. We all know they lost Deshields but they also gave us R.Rodriguez and Chris Lee for Int'l bonus spots. IMO we could get a nice package from them for Britton.

Players with MLB experience:

Hoes OF R

Singleton 1B L

Stassi C R

P.Tucker LF L

V.Velasquez SP RHP

B.Oberholtzer SP LHP

M.Feliz SP RHP

D.Strailly SP RHP

MILB'ers:

M.Appel SP RHP AAA

A.J Reed 1B L AA

F.Martes SP RHP AA

J.Musgrove SP RHP AA

Like I said they're loaded. I'd have to imagine they have some guys that are out of options too. Maybe something like Velazquez (5th SP), P.Tucker (LF), and a young arm like Feliz.

If baseball GM's were as temperamental and impulsive as were a lot of baseball fans, it would be quite likely.

They aren't.

So there is no way that the Mets will be trading Harvey for a closer (even an elite closer) in the off-season.

The idea that you trade someone every time he says something that makes anyone the least bit uncomfortable is ridiculous. Discussion board threads know no such bounds.

Archived