Matt Harvey for Zach Britton?

weams

Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Harvey For Zach Britton?

• Dark Knight (Boras Client)
    • Zach Attack (Boras Client)

If there was even the slightest chance that the Orioles could annex Matt Harvey to their 2016 roster, it would never be soon to talk about it.

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is even the slightest chance of that happening.

I imagine it would take Schoop, Britton, Gonzalez/Tillman, and someone like Mancini to prevent the Mets from hanging up the phone in laughter.

Correct.

And as badly as the Orioles need a TOR starting pitcher, I don't think that they would be willing to give up (at a bare minimum) Britton, Tillman, Schoop, and a top prospect for him.

So Matt Harvey donning an orange and black uniform in 2016 isn't happening ...... although I will concede that I did get some amusement from the person who stated that he wouldn't want Matt Harvey on the Orioles even if the Mets would be willing to give him to us for nothing (something along the lines of the Orioles need Matt Harvey like they need a hole in the head, because trouble/controversy follows him.)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Britton for Zack Wheeler?

They already have a super stud in Familia. They're not going to give up a starter with top of the rotation potential unless they were in dire need of a stud closer.

Texas might make the most sense, as they're the only truly competitive team who has a closer need, perhaps Toronto as well.

They already have a super stud in Familia. They're not going to give up a starter with top of the rotation potential unless they were in dire need of a stud closer.

Texas might make the most sense, as they're the only truly competitive team who has a closer need, perhaps Toronto as well.

Chicago NL and Washington may make sense too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold. And Familia blew three WS saves.

Its fact that Familia blew 3 WS saves, but you apparently did not watch the games. The Mets D let them down, which is not surprising given the way the team is constructed. You probably don't recall Britton forgetting how to pitch against the Royals last year and having to get lifted. No chance the Mets are trading one of their stud pitchers for 2 years of a closer when they have a guy for that position.

Its fact that Familia blew 3 WS saves, but you apparently did not watch the games. The Mets D let them down, which is not surprising given the way the team is constructed. You probably don't recall Britton forgetting how to pitch against the Royals last year and having to get lifted. No chance the Mets are trading one of their stud pitchers for 2 years of a closer when they have a guy for that position.
The Mets would be better off signing O'Day as a set up guy and Zobrist as a 2B/COF.

The Mets would be better off signing O'Day as a set up guy and Zobrist as a 2B/COF.

I was telling someone today that I could see the Mets making a run at O'Day. They'll be in the 3 year or less type contracts market. I suspect they will move Flores over to 2B and maybe go after an Ian Desmond type on a 1 year contract for SS.

I was telling someone today that I could see the Mets making a run at O'Day. They'll be in the 3 year or less type contracts market. I suspect they will move Flores over to 2B and maybe go after an Ian Desmond type on a 1 year contract for SS.

I think Flores is trade bait, the Mets love Dilson Herrera and he's ready to start 2016 as their full time 2B. Only way I see Flores coming back is if they completely whiff on SS options this winter.

No. I won't. But New York will.

I believe his confidence and the fan's appreciation will be modified. That's all. Nice arm.

Archived