Qualifying Offer Value Set At $17.2MM

wildcard

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis' date=' Chen and Wieters. I say they have to offer to Wieters; I think we made a mistake with not doing it to Markakis last offseason. I really am torn with offering it to Oday. Would he take it or take a roughly $25-30 million guaranteed instead?[/quote']

I would definitely take it if I was him and bet on myself to earn at least 2/10 in 2017.

Do these guys get QO:

Span

Fowler

Fister

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davis' date=' Chen and Wieters. I say they have to offer to Wieters; I think we made a mistake with not doing it to Markakis last offseason. I really am torn with offering it to Oday. Would he take it or take a roughly $25-30 million guaranteed instead?[/quote']

So Lefty Andrew Miller was worth 9m per year at ages 30-33, but now you think righty O'Day is worth up to 10m per year for ages 33-35. Can't agree with that. 7/21 for O'Day and no way he gets a QO.

So Lefty Andrew Miller was worth 9m per year at ages 30-33, but now you think righty O'Day is worth up to 10m per year for ages 33-35. Can't agree with that. 7/21 for O'Day and no way he gets a QO.

Well Miller was worth 10 per year, right? Isn't that what the Stros had on the table?

I see that was reported. And no state tax. Must have been confederate money.

No, he wanted to be a Yankee, which also allowed him to live at home in Tampa during spring training. He thought the Yankees had the better chance of going deep into the playoffs. He was wrong.

I would definitely take it if I was him and bet on myself to earn at least 2/10 in 2017.

Do these guys get QO:

Span

Fowler

Fister

They all will. Those teams have money. They will count on the players rejecting the QO.

The Orioles should assume the same with Weiters. Give him the QO. Nih he accepts, just pray he has a good year. The odds are he won't accept.

No, he wanted to be a Yankee, which also allowed him to live at home in Tampa during spring training. He thought the Yankees had the better chance of going deep into the playoffs. He was wrong.

Katie's family is all from Florida.

Wieters is going to be the interesting case here. My guess is they don't offer to him, knowing they'll need the money elsewhere and afraid he'll take it. If they do offer, this could be the first time a player accepts. Just such a weird situation as he's still a pretty good player with upside but he's got injury/workload issues and he's so far from being a need for the team since we have Joseph. I agree with most of you that we should make the QO but I suspect the FO will be leery of possibly spending that much for half-time catcher who isn't a great hitter.

Wieters is going to be the interesting case here. My guess is they don't offer to him, knowing they'll need the money elsewhere and afraid he'll take it. If they do offer, this could be the first time a player accepts. Just such a weird situation as he's still a pretty good player with upside but he's got injury/workload issues and he's so far from being a need for the team since we have Joseph. I agree with most of you that we should make the QO but I suspect the FO will be leery of possibly spending that much for half-time catcher who isn't a great hitter.

This was the thinking with Markakis as well. Some team will pay him enough to walk. There are NO catchers available

Archived