Pedro Alvarez may be a fit

wildcard

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just because you can't spend a lot doesn't mean that you should not try to compete. Of the four teams that were in the playoff finals our payroll should be right in line. Just because the payroll is not up to the standards that a large or midmarket team would normally have is no reason to trade off the assets that are going to continue to make us competitive.

Those teams have better farm systems and able to have good cheap guys.

What if the offseason consisted of these moves plus an extension for Manny?

Nah. I'd much rather they signed Heyward, Manny, and a bunch of softball players from New Zealand, Korea, and the New Hebrides Islands rather than $30-40M on guys who'll make the team worse.

Seriously, I'd rather sign Heyward than all of the guys in the original post, and fill out the rest of the roster with whatever is lying around. I think that's more productive, a better base for being competitive.

Nah. I'd much rather they signed Heyward, Manny, and a bunch of softball players from New Zealand, Korea, and the New Hebrides Islands rather than $30-40M on guys who'll make the team worse.

Seriously, I'd rather sign Heyward than all of the guys in the original post, and fill out the rest of the roster with whatever is lying around. I think that's more productive, a better base for being competitive.

Expectations now are for Heyward to exceed Davis in contract.

Yep. Stop signing mediocrity. Much better to sign a difference maker for the same annual salary, then cobble together some $1M or less players.

Just because you can't spend a lot doesn't mean that you should not try to compete. Of the four teams that were in the playoff finals our payroll should be right in line. Just because the payroll is not up to the standards that a large or midmarket team would normally have is no reason to trade off the assets that are going to continue to make us competitive.

Those 4 teams had farm systems and were able to trade or develop star players.

Sign Heyward to a back loaded 10/180 M contract, Zimmerman to a back loaded 5/100 M deal and use what's left of the 43 M to sign Pearce and Jaso.

You good? Or what else would you need? One more Starter? Rich Hill?

Wow .... Yes to ODay

No to Dominic Brown (wow another quality .230 hitter) Pedro Alvarez (Ditto!!!)

Jamie Garcia .....what are you doing with hm ...not very many innings the last three years.

Rich Hill ...umm no , we already played that tune.

So Weams are your expectations for the teams offseason really this low?

This is my definition of Dumpster Diving!

Archived