GM Meetings Nov. 9-12 Mega Thread

weams

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tea leaves here point to an extremely disappointing off-season. O'Day gone, the QO free agents gone as well. Maybe we'll resign Pearce and Parra (why bother with him). Dariel is our top prospect.. but they want to work on trades. It obviously won't be selling like they should have at the deadline, so it cannot amount to much as we have practically nothing in our system another team would want.

Now we're obviously at the very beginning of free agency, and maybe we'll have an exciting time of it, but seems like all signs are pointing to throw ess at the wall and see what sticks.

I agree , was listening to 105.7 and they were talking about the Orioles being in on resigning Davis. They went on to say that if the Davis situation were to drag on that the market could feel dry once it's resolved. Predicting that Davis chooses to go elsewhere for 10 million more over 5-7 years the O's end up selecting from the bargain bin that gas been picked over.

I agree , was listening to 105.7 and they were talking about the Orioles being in on resigning Davis. They went on to say that if the Davis situation were to drag on that the market could feel dry once it's resolved. Predicting that Davis chooses to go elsewhere for 10 million more over 5-7 years the O's end up selecting from the bargain bin that gas been picked over.

Honest question, do the radio guys have any more information or knowledge then this community?

Honest question, do the radio guys have any more information or knowledge then this community?

They also have the credentials and do interview the GM. So very possibly as far as I'm concerned. All of our insider Big Bird, Belkast, and Peace are gone.

I'm just saying I agree that if they resign Davis that will be the teams Big Move. If they wait on Boras and don't get him it could be a lost off season.

Sometimes, the answer has to be yes, they do to more "inside" people, than most of us do.

However, they have so much airtime to fill, sometimes, its hard to tell their own opinion from fact.

Like the dude at CBS Sports, don't like him, but sometimes, he does seam to be the first to break the news.

Sometimes, the answer has to be yes, they do to more "inside" people, than most of us do.

However, they have so much airtime to fill, sometimes, its hard to tell their own opinion from fact.

Like the dude at CBS Sports, don't like him, but sometimes, he does seam to be the first to break the news.

But we have folks like Tony, who certainly has sources and folks like Stotle who is in the business and folks that have various occupational specialties be it in medicine, law or entertainment.

Whatever The new GM wants he will have a lot of support from Andy ad ownership. I doubt the Phillies will be relative for another year. All the players obtained from last years trades still need time at AA-AAA. Middleton made it quite clear that ownership will spend whatever is required to get fans back into the 40,000+ from the present 11,000.

But we have folks like Tony, who certainly has sources and folks like Stotle who is in the business and folks that have various occupational specialties be it in medicine, law or entertainment.

Which is why I said, "Most".

We do have some folks, heck, Roy Firestone also posts on here, and has inside information. (But, is careful on what he posts).

Archived