GM Meetings Nov. 9-12 Mega Thread

weams

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 and 18 years ago.

More recently, we were going to give Sano a few million.

But we didn't.

I think there is a definite very slim chance that with so much money coming off the books the O's sign someone to a stupid, long term contract.

I don't think there is even a very slim chance that they will exceed their international pool allotment.

But we didn't.

I think there is a definite very slim chance that with so much money coming off the books the O's sign someone to a stupid, long term contract.

I don't think there is even a very slim chance that they will exceed their international pool allotment.

you think giving Upton 21 million per year through his age 35 season is a stupid contract?

We need to keep Davis and O'day this offseason. Without that we'd have to sign/convince a big name to come here via FA. Something that we've only seen Ubaldo and Cruz do with DD, and they were pretty much down to their last options. I don't see us getting involved with big name FA's. It hasn't been our MO. A good offseason for us would be to keep Davis, Oday, Pearce, and sign a FA SP to a low risk deal.

Basically we need to keep this team together. Hope the SP's rebound. Hope we're in the race come the deadline. Have some good luck with Bundy and Harvey. Have a huge draft in June with all the picks. Hope that everything has gone right and that the farm has produced guys we can trade at the deadline to supplement the 2016 team. The real future of this org. is this years draft and the players we have below AA.

We need to keep Davis and O'day this offseason. Without that we'd have to sign/convince a big name to come here via FA. Something that we've only seen Ubaldo and Cruz do with DD, and they were pretty much down to their last options. I don't see us getting involved with big name FA's. It hasn't been our MO. A good offseason for us would be to keep Davis, Oday, Pearce, and sign a FA SP to a low risk deal.

Basically we need to keep this team together. Hope the SP's rebound. Hope we're in the race come the deadline. Have some good luck with Bundy and Harvey. Have a huge draft in June with all the picks. Hope that everything has gone right and that the farm has produced guys we can trade at the deadline to supplement the 2016 team. The real future of this org. is this years draft and the players we have below AA.

Sounds like a lot of finger crossing there. I'm not saying you're wrong, but we'd have to hit on so many things that didn't happen last season

Why are we so concerned about losing the 15th overall pick to sign someone like Gordon?

Isn't the average total pre-free agency WAR of a 15th overall pick something like 4?

Gordon probably averages 3-4 WAR per year over a 5 year contract.

I'm more concerned about signing a 32 year old who has a lot of value tied to his defense for 5 years.

Why are we so concerned about losing the 15th overall pick to sign someone like Gordon?

Isn't the average total pre-free agency WAR of a 15th overall pick something like 4?

Gordon probably averages 3-4 WAR per year over a 5 year contract.

At this particular moment in Orioles history, the organization could use a healthy infusion of minor league talent. That being said, I agree that the draft sometimes gets overvalued around here.

Archived