Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he's as bad as he was w the O's he'll be out of the league in a year.

Regardless, he's not good.

I can't believe somebody would commit 3 years to him. Let alone 4.

Rule V's today, right? We'll be in on that.

I'm surprised at the teams involved too. These are good clubs that want to contend. I guess they see the same thing Duquette saw.

I fully expect the Orioles to come out of the Rule V draft with a left handed OF/1B. There are some interesting ones available.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Marlins?src=hash">#Marlins</a> asked <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DBacks?src=hash">#DBacks</a> for six players, four of whom were in majors last season, including Corbin. Asking teams to rip up their rosters.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I heard Niese is available .I don"t think he is that good. We shall see.

The Orioles have turned to the trade market to find a starting pitcher to replace Wei-Yin Chen, MLB.com?s Britt Ghiroli writes (Twitter links). They have ?a few? standing offers out to teams in return for starting pitching. With Chen gone, the Orioles? top four currently includes Chris Tillman, Miguel Gonzalez, Ubaldo Jimenez and Kevin Gausman, all four of them righties. Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reported this week that the team would prefer to add a lefty, although one option could be using lefty reliever Brian Matusz as a starter. ?We?d be OK with five righties, but ideally we?d like to get some balance to our lineup and our rotation,? Orioles exec Dan Duquette said.

Brian Johnson (Red Sox) would be an interesting target. Also Adelberto Mejia (Giants) and Matt Moore (Rays). If you are willing to give up Schoop, Matz (Mets) would be interesting, too.

I think Niese would be good for us.

Other than the fact he checks off the LH SP box, Niese brings little else to the table IMO other than he is a better option than Matusz.

He has been a so-so starter in the NL, not so sure that is what I had in mind when DD talked about improving the pitching to be honest.

Now if your talking about adding Niese AND then bringing in another good SP, I could see that. Simply plugging in Niese with Ubaldo, KG, Tillman and Gonzo is a recipe for long season IMO.

Brian Johnson (Red Sox) would be an interesting target. Also Adelberto Mejia (Giants) and Matt Moore (Rays). If you are willing to give up Schoop, Matz (Mets) would be interesting, too.

Matz is interesting. I agree that Schoop would have to be included because of what the Mets' needs are. We just don't really have another option at 2b if Schoop goes. Do we?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/west-notes-giants-gordon-giles-santiago-wilson-rangers-dbacks-padres.html?

The Angels are receiving the most hits on lefty Hector Santiago, MLB.com?s Alden Gonzalez reports on Twitter. He certainly represents an interesting chip after putting up 180 2/3 innings of 3.59 ERA pitching last year. The Orioles are among ?many? clubs that have inquired on Santiago, Heyman tweets.

He's 27 and earned $2.3M last year and is heading into his second year of arbitration. ESPN has him listed as 6th on the Angel's SP depth chart. Wonder what type of return they'd be looking for. He'd easily slot in the middle of our rotation at good value with some control in future years.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/west-notes-giants-gordon-giles-santiago-wilson-rangers-dbacks-padres.html?

He's 27 and earned $2.3M last year and is heading into his second year of arbitration. ESPN has him listed as 6th on the Angel's SP depth chart. Wonder what type of return they'd be looking for. He'd easily slot in the middle of our rotation at good value with some control in future years.

What does it take though?

Archived