I would like the Orioles to take Chris Davis money and sign these guys

markakis8

Some of these are minor league deals/1 year deals and I obviously would not expect them all to be signed, but I think this is a list of guys that could help us win in 2016.

Brandon Beachy

Antonio Bastardo

Wei-Yin Chen

Alex Gordon

Steve Pearce

John Jaso

Scott Kazmir

Cliff Lee

Sean Marshall

Justin Morneau

Grady Sizemore

Thought about Pedro Alvarez but that would mean either Alvarez or Trumbo would be in the field (shivers). So I would rather see a year deal on Morneau.

I don't think Upton would be a good fit here. I'd rather spend less money on Gordon and his LH bat/gold glove and get a quality pitcher then like Chen or Kazmir.

We need a LRP - Bastardo would be a good fit. Maybe a 1 yr/$2.5 mil deal for Marshall.

Would love to see a 1 year deal for Lee. I think a 1 year deal for Jaso would be beneficial. Can catch a handful of games and get on base.

Minor league deals for Sizemore and Beachy. Thought about Nava too. I think they would be worth the risk on minor league deals.

Some of these are minor league deals/1 year deals and I obviously would not expect them all to be signed, but I think this is a list of guys that could help us win in 2016.

Brandon Beachy

Antonio Bastardo

Wei-Yin Chen

Alex Gordon

Steve Pearce

John Jaso

Scott Kazmir

Cliff Lee

Sean Marshall

Justin Morneau

Grady Sizemore

Thought about Pedro Alvarez but that would mean either Alvarez or Trumbo would be in the field (shivers). So I would rather see a year deal on Morneau.

I don't think Upton would be a good fit here. I'd rather spend less money on Gordon and his LH bat/gold glove and get a quality pitcher then like Chen or Kazmir.

We need a LRP - Bastardo would be a good fit. Maybe a 1 yr/$2.5 mil deal for Marshall.

Would love to see a 1 year deal for Lee. I think a 1 year deal for Jaso would be beneficial. Can catch a handful of games and get on base.

Minor league deals for Sizemore and Beachy. Thought about Nava too. I think they would be worth the risk on minor league deals.

Trumbo is a decent fielding first baseman. It is in the outfield that he is a poor fielder.

Some guys on my target list:

Henderson Alvarez - nontendered by Marlins, coming off of injury but looked like a stud.

Corey Luebke - Padres declined option. Hasn't pitched in almost three years due to elbow injuries but huge upside as potential #1 SP. Their version of Bundy. Supposed to resume throwing this month.

Hyun Soo Kim - lefty, high OBP OF. Could be a poor man's Aoki. Free agent, no posting fee. Orioles reportedly interested.

I also like Jaso.

Some guys on my target list:

Henderson Alvarez - nontendered by Marlins, coming off of injury but looked like a stud.

Corey Luebke - Padres declined option. Hasn't pitched in almost three years due to elbow injuries but huge upside as potential #1 SP. Their version of Bundy. Supposed to resume throwing this month.

Hyun Soo Kim - lefty, high OBP OF. Could be a poor man's Aoki. Free agent, no posting fee. Orioles reportedly interested.

I also like Jaso.

I like your first three (not so big on Jaso).

I like Alvarez and Luebke as long-term investment options. As for Kim, I think he's a good gamble for one of the corners.

I'd be perfectly content investing in Kim, Alvarez and then putting the rest of the money into pitching with thoughts on a few inured players like you pointed out and then add in a more sure thing. Guys I like that'll be ready to pitch on opening day include: Kazmir, Leake and Fister.

I would like the Orioles to take Chris Davis money and sign these guys.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4FFG1NqKzCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Are you sure the money can be allocated that way?

Brandon Beachy

Antonio Bastardo

Wei-Yin Chen

Alex Gordon

Steve Pearce

John Jaso

Scott Kazmir

Cliff Lee

Sean Marshall

Justin Morneau

Grady Sizemore

Interesting list. I agree with Roch, Chen is priced out of our range, but I do like Kazmir, he knows this division.

Mourneau is an interesting cheap option, but can still hit when/if healthy - but doubles now, not as much HR.

Gordon or Upton -- really either or would help.

-Don

Brandon Beachy

Antonio Bastardo

Wei-Yin Chen

Alex Gordon

Steve Pearce

John Jaso

Scott Kazmir

Cliff Lee

Sean Marshall

Justin Morneau

Grady Sizemore

Bastardo would be good, as would Kazmir and Mike Leake. Steve Pearce I wouldn't mind and I think we need to pick up Alex Gordon, not justin Upton. He played for Great Bridge (right down the road from where I go to school) down here, and everyone who knew him down here said he was an arrogant arse.

Archived