Slugger Pedro Alvarez Signs w Orioles (1 yr: 5.75 + 1.5 potential bonuses) OFFICIAL

Birds08

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's the OBP guy we need. That's what I'm getting at. We need at least 1 or 2 of the high OBP guys in the top of the lineup instead of using manny and Jones as our 1-2 punch.

Rickard's Steamer forecast is for a .324 OBP, and a .674 OPS. Zips of .307 and .617. Alvarez .321, and .312 OBPs. It's not entirely clear that Rickard is a better high OBP guy than Alvarez.

I am feeling like this season is going to look very ugly defensively. Jones is going to run himself ragged in the outfield. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'd rather have Steve Pearce (and 4M in salary) back in RF than what we've got now.

As I told a friend, between watching MD basketball of late and this signing... sports are dumb. I hate sports.

As a journalist, though, you should appreciate it anyway. It sells hits on the OH! The stat gurus can get some serious stats together. The nay-sayers can pronounce immediate cellar-dwelling. Weams can pontificate ;). All good! :clap3:

I am feeling like this season is going to look very ugly defensively. Jones is going to run himself ragged in the outfield. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'd rather have Steve Pearce (and 4M in salary) back in RF than what we've got now.

At some level it is intriguing watching the team pivot in its philosophy.

You certainly can't accuse them of aping the Royals.

No it doesn't. It just requires the Rays' assessment of their 40-man roster to result in Rickard being left unprotected. Maybe he's not bad, but also someone whose median projection is as their 7th- or 9th-best outfielder.

You think the Rays have 6-8 guys that are better than a guy who can start in the majors on day 1 of the regular season?

At some level it is intriguing watching the team pivot in its philosophy.

You certainly can't accuse them of aping the Royals.

But we fans can just stand up and say to DD, "Not worthy!" "You da man!" :clap3:

Rickard's Steamer forecast is for a .324 OBP, and a .674 OPS. Zips of .307 and .617. Alvarez .321, and .312 OBPs. It's not entirely clear that Rickard is a better high OBP guy than Alvarez.

Alvarez is the poor man's CD. He lives and dies by the HR

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Archived