Gallardo bombed again in Sarasota

Norfolk orioles

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miggy is getting rocked and has no stuff, and we're all speculating on whether he'll be released or optioned. So why would be any more optimistic about Gallardo? If anything Gallardo is a bigger problem, because we have $22 million reasons to keep him in the rotation all season, regardless of results.

Miggy is getting rocked and has no stuff, and we're all speculating on whether he'll be released or optioned. So why would be any more optimistic about Gallardo? If anything Gallardo is a bigger problem, because we have $22 million reasons to keep him in the rotation all season, regardless of results.

Well. That and Gallardo actually had a good year last year. Where Miggy did not.

You have that information handy?

Feel free to share....dude.

It has all been posted in my thread about the progress of the presumptive starting rotation this spring. http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/152138-The-2016-presumptive-starting-rotation-spring-training-tracker?highlight=Rotation If I recall correctly, Ubaldo has allowed 1 run in 10.2 innings with 15 strikeouts in his two MiL starts. Also, two of his three major league starts were quite good. It's his horrific first outing that puffed up his ERA, but he's been sharp ever since. Looking forward to seeing him in major league action tomorrow.

http://m.mlb.com/player/451596/yovani-gallardo?year=2016&stats=career-s-pitching-mlb

Gallardo's career to date during the spring. This is his worst. He has usually had pretty decent springs. The one comfort. He was pretty awful last spring too. Maybe it takes a while to get that bum shoulder up to speed.

That's probably true. Plus that whole "I did not pick up a weight all winter" thing.

The thing that scares me is he has not thrown alot of innings in Spring Training. Also in the last three months of the season, 17 starts,he only went six innings three times .Less then five four times.Never went over six innings in his last 17 starts

Even if he is pitching well I wouldn't expect more than 5-6 innings a start out of him.

Archived