Great win with so many positives; Day After reflections

Filmstudy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you cannot deny how "clutch" Big Matt was though! :laughlol:

I was talking with my son long distance, when Matt came up, he groaned and said, oh well, extra innings, here we come.

Me: But, you never know, the man has been solid on OD, with a lifetime of .375.

Him: That well may be true, but he hasn't looked that sharp today at the plate.

Wasn't much longer, and Matt was stroking that ball and driving in the winning run.

Oriole Magic was in the air last night, and she was dancing in the streets. :)

I did not see much of the game save for Great Britton and Matt's walk-off sequence but did they boo Hyun Soo when he came down the carpet?

I feel like Gary Thorne said he got some boos during introductions. Honestly it's pretty disappointing if he did. People have a right to boo or cheer as they see fit, but if they did I don't see the purpose booing a new guy who isn't the only person at fault in this drama, if he's at fault at all.

I was talking with my son long distance, when Matt came up, he groaned and said, oh well, extra innings, here we come.

Me: But, you never know, the man has been solid on OD, with a lifetime of .375.

Him: That well may be true, but he hasn't looked that sharp today at the plate.

Wasn't much longer, and Matt was stroking that ball and driving in the winning run.

Oriole Magic was in the air last night, and she was dancing in the streets. :)

Gotta disagree that Matt didn't look good at the plate. That first at bat was very strong.

Gotta disagree that Matt didn't look good at the plate. That first at bat was very strong.

I agree there - I did see that and he fouled off some tough pitches before the final strike - Santana was dealing there.

I missed Givens - whah hoppen? :scratchchinhmm: In a nutshell

The Davis full extension laid out stretch for the out is becoming like Mark Reynolds' tap dance! :clap3: :hearts:

The dude can flat out play 1st base.

I thought he did some good base running too.

That Schoop barehanded grab and throw while bent over, was ESPN highlight worthy!

I did not see much of the game save for Great Britton and Matt's walk-off sequence but did they boo Hyun Soo when he came down the carpet?

Kim did get some boos coming down the carpet. What I really didn't understand is that some people even booed Park when he was announced beforehand. They do realize these guys aren't from North Korea, right? Or just guilt by association? Then again I also saw a good number of people leave the park by 3:30 when the first rain delay started (before a pitch was even thrown). I don't get it.

Not only did Davis make a great lay-out for that grounder to Hardy, he also made an excellent backhanded stop on a ball that Hardy short-hopped to him after catching a line drive, trying to double off the runner.

Jones had a few *really* bad swings, but he had the 2-run double, so all is forgiven.

Tillman was great, and Britton was lights out, as usual.

One of the most encouraging things was the good ABs from almost everyone in the lineup. Now we've seen this before - early last year they seemed to be more patient before reverting, but still. It's nice to see.

Great, crisp defense, too. Good baserunning - Davis going 1st to 3rd twice, Manny scoring from 1st, Trumbo with the steal and the attempt on Matt's game winner.

Just a really well-played, professional game. Nice to see since that's not one they had any chance of winning via the home run.

I felt that there were three or four balls hit by the Orioles that would have left the yard on a "normal" summer day.

Also, the game is being replayed on MASN right now in case anyone wants to watch it again.

Archived