Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that we're past 2/3 of the season, Trumbo is putting together a very Trumbo-like season. His career OPS+ is 111, his OPS+ this year is 115. Hitting .260 which is about his career average of .252, and a few more home runs thanks to Camden Yards.

I would say this: there is a price where resigning Trumbo makes sense and if he asks for more, say g'bye. The Orioles would be wise to sign one of Trumbo or Alvarez, but not both. Based on the suspected price I would try Alvarez first.

...and as I type this he hits a grand slam. LOL

Trumbo gets a QO, right?
Absolutely! Won't do any good... will get us a draft pick.

I don't know.

This is someone who was available for a backup catcher if a team was willing to pay him a bit over 9M.

I'm not sure a team is going to be willing to cough up a first round pick for the chance to pay him more than 1/16M.

I don't know.

This is someone who was available for a backup catcher if a team was willing to pay him a bit over 9M.

I'm not sure a team is going to be willing to cough up a first round pick for the chance to pay him more than 1/16M.

Well... if we offer the QO it severely limits his value. We could pick him up late for a song.

Archived