Duquette has a list..

Sports Guy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know...I do think there is some upside in getting Weaver because of a possible trade in July but on the other hand, it may take that much time(or close to it) to get him going and we end up with him all year.

All in all, we should pass on all of these guys IMO.

I hate that I always advocated getting Weaver, hes the most inconsistent pitcher on Earth, I swear. I guess Inconsistent would be good for him now, since that would imply the occasional good outing, something he hasn't had much of in the last two years, really since he left LA.

What would you guys be prepared to offer Philly for Brett Myers? I'd give them Ray and a decent prospect.

But which prospect is that?

I wouldn't mind giving up Ray, but we'd have to be VERY careful on the minor leaguer, they might want something too high.

he is a sinker baller right?

I am not sure.

Indians designated RHP Jason Davis for assignment.

Davis had a solid 3.74 ERA in 55 1/3 innings as a reliever last year, but he had been reduced to a mop-up role to begin this season and, without consistent work, he had given up six runs and walked nine in 11 1/3 innings. The Indians are probably better off with Edward Mujica in their pen, but it would be a shame if they lost Davis on waivers without getting anything in return. Some team in need of bullpen help should be interested in trading for him.

He would be perfect to throw into the long relief role. I really hope the Orioles take a flier on him.

I'm betting this isn't being done to improve the team. The exercise is being conducted simply to find some number 4 or 5 starter to eat innings and fill out the rotation. They want to get through the year respectably in hopes of achieving that cherished .500 record.

Color me disinterested.

If I was in the FO, I wouldn't do a damned thing until Burres and Guthrie proved to me that they cannot keep those two spots in the rotation warm until next season. Then I'd turn to Olson and Johnson. Only if all four of those guys proved they couldn't do the job would I go after someone else's reclamation project.

I'm stubborn that way.

If I was in the FO, I wouldn't do a damned thing until Burres and Guthrie proved to me that they cannot keep those two spots in the rotation warm until next season. Then I'd turn to Olson and Johnson. Only if all four of those guys proved they couldn't do the job would I go after someone else's reclamation project.

I'm stubborn that way.

I agree. I don't see the point in trading for a mediocre starter until we find out what we have. If we do trade for a mediocre starter, I hope we trade Williams or Bynum and not anyone with value. If it takes anymore than that, don't bother.

I'm stubborn that way.

This take too much sense. I can't understand why they'd want to make a move for a 4th or 5th starter. If we're going to make a move, it should be an IMPACT move. Do they really think Jeff Weaver is any better than Burress or Guthrie?

Now...I may be interested in Wade Miller, provided we don't give up a whole lot for him. He's a high risk/reward guy that we could afford to take a chance on.

Let's really "BLOW IT UP" and trade the ENITRE TEAM for rights to Jose Lima because he is the target on Duquette's list.

BTW, if the BS comment I just made turns out to be true I should probably move to Antartica and die a slow and painful death.

The only pitcher i feel our FO is compatant enough in acquiring is Weaver, and to that i say....for the love of god, he cant pitch in the AL.

They may well be in"compatant" but at least they can spell and are reverent enough to capitalize God. :rolleyes:

Archived