Duquette has a list..

Sports Guy

Here we go again. We may want a reclamation project.

"We're talking back end of the rotation or a starter who might have been put in the bullpen someplace else, who might have fallen out of favor," Duquette said.:rolleyes:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll throw out some names:

Matt Morris

Kip Wells (they were looking at him before Trachsel)

Tony Armas

Odalis Perez (pitched under Mazzone 99-01)

Out of these guys I'd say Perez and Kip Wells would be top targets. Perez is a former Mazzone pitcher and Kip Wells is someone that the O's have been interested in off and on.

I'll throw out some names:

Matt Morris

Kip Wells (they were looking at him before Trachsel)

Tony Armas

Odalis Perez (pitched under Mazzone 99-01)

Out of these guys I'd say Perez and Kip Wells would be top targets. Perez is a former Mazzone pitcher and Kip Wells is someone that the O's have been interested in off and on.

At least Armas, Jr. has(had?) stuff, if a checkered injury history.

Here we go again. We may want a reclamation project.

"We're talking back end of the rotation or a starter who might have been put in the bullpen someplace else, who might have fallen out of favor," Duquette said.:rolleyes:

Hey now, this doesn't rule out us getting back RLo, Chen, or Ortiz.

Can Rick Helling still toss a ball at the plate?

We need a short list of former starters, now relegated to the bullpen who also pitched for Mazzone or Duquette's Mets prior to 2006.:cool:

Did Benitez ever start in his youth or anything?

And if so, does that count?

As awkward as Cabrera looks, I wonder if he can scrap.

Either way, he is not a dude I would mess with and how opposing hitters stand in that box without positively pooping their drawers with him staring you down is amazing to me.

Of course he was held back by Freddy Bynum in Detroit. He did look mean though,

FWIW, one of our Cubbie insiders filed this report today...

One of my sources from the East Coast is hearing a rumor that the Orioles are talking to the Cubs and Mariners about acquiring either Wade Miller or Jeff Weaver. After moving Adam Loewen to the 60 day DL, the Orioles have a "huge sense of urgency" to fill the starting pitching void.

Last I heard, Wade threw the ball pain free, was probably going to do a minor league start or two and then be activated in about 10-12 days.

Archived