Duquette has a list..

Sports Guy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Park is too wild. We don't need any more pitchers who walk the stadium.

Perez supposedly has added a pitch to get more groundballs since he has been an extreme fly ball pitcher the last few years. His K rate is way down, though. He has much better control than Park, so that's a plus. If he's available I think he's the one we'll wind up with because of the Mazzone connection. This could get pretty ugly in Camden Yards with his gopher ball tendencies and lack of K's.

Weaver sucks. I don't really know what else to say.

Davis would be worth taking a shot on, but the FO seems to be looking for a veteran.

Wade Miller? I thought his arm fell off.

Park is too wild. We don't need any more pitchers who walk the stadium.

Perez supposedly has added a pitch to get more groundballs since he has been an extreme fly ball pitcher the last few years. His K rate is way down, though. He has much better control than Park, so that's a plus. If he's available I think he's the one we'll wind up with because of the Mazzone connection. This could get pretty ugly in Camden Yards with his gopher ball tendencies and lack of K's.

Weaver sucks. I don't really know what else to say.

Davis would be worth taking a shot on, but the FO seems to be looking for a veteran.

Wade Miller? I thought his arm fell off.

That's an understatement. Opponents are hitting .465 off of him. With his last start, his WHIP finally dropped below 3 (to 2.76). In 5 starts, he has managed to last 17 IP with a 15+ ERA.

With Gordon hurt, is Myers even available? Or, do the Phils intend on keeping him as their closer for a while?

The Phillies are stupid.

No way should Myers be there closer...He isn't anywhere near as valuable as the closer as he was as a starter.

if they truly think he isn't a starter anymore and want him as a closer, we should call them up and offer them a package centering around Ray.

If they are placing that much value in the closer's position, we may be able to get Myers for Ray and not much else, which is a ridiculous thought.

The Phillies are stupid.

No way should Myers be there closer...He isn't anywhere near as valuable as the closer as he was as a starter.

if they truly think he isn't a starter anymore and want him as a closer, we should call them up and offer them a package centering around Ray.

If they are placing that much value in the closer's position, we may be able to get Myers for Ray and not much else, which is a ridiculous thought.

No one ever accused Manuel of being bright...

I'd love to go after Myers, and I'd deal Ray for him in a heart beat. And I think that there are quite a few teams who probably put that much value in the closer role.

I'd love to go after Myers, and I'd deal Ray for him in a heart beat. And I think that there are quite a few teams who probably put that much value in the closer role.

The problem is, the O's wouldn't be trying to fleece Manuel in a trade for Myers.

Manuel may be dumb but Gillick isn't (though I do think he's overrated). I'm sure he knows Myers's value is more than Chris Ray.

The problem is, the O's wouldn't be trying to fleece Manuel in a trade for Myers.

Good point. It would probable end up with us being fleeced.

Flanny: "How about Chris Ray for Myers".

Gillick: "No thanks. But, we have Jamie Moyer. He's a former O, and he would be a fan favorite right away. We'll give him to you for Ray and Beato."

Flanny: "Beato? We don't even have a bobblehead of him yet! Deal!"

The Phillies are stupid.

So is everyone else in organized baseball according to you.;) Seriously though, I love Gillick but he's made some questionable trades since he took over there- inlcuding moving Robinson Tejada (whom I love) for a bag of balls.

That goes without saying.

The only problem with that is they probably don't see him as a closer but just as the best option in a bad situation. I'd trade Ray for him in a heartbeat but I just don't think that they would be so foolish.

If they are placing that much value in the closer's position, we may be able to get Myers for Ray and not much else, which is a ridiculous thought

It makes my mouth water and my nether-regions stiffen. And honestly, it probably be one of the few moves I'd make in terms of pitching. The last thing we should do is trade for some mediocre 4 or 5 veteran- see Benson or Wright. It isn't going to do anything for this club so we might as well see what we have in Guthrie and Olsen. Of course that isn't the Oriole way but if we could get Meyers cheaply then we should jump all over it.

How about this.

Just save our young players i.e. no trades.

Bring up Olson and let him take his lumps.

At the trade deadline trade our guys that are wanted (Tejada,Bedard & Roberts) for young prospects or ML ready kids.

I think it is clear 500 ball is close to the celing this year, so work for next year and beyond. :)

Manuel may be dumb but Gillick isn't (though I do think he's overrated). I'm sure he knows Myers's value is more than Chris Ray.

I don't think we could get him straight up for Ray.

But i do think, if he is available and Ray is part of the deal, that we could get him for less than we should...IE not as much going with Ray to get him.

How about this.

Just save our young players i.e. no trades.

Bring up Olson and let him take his lumps.

At the trade deadline trade our guys that are wanted (Tejada,Bedard & Roberts) for young prospects or ML ready kids.

I think it is clear 500 ball is close to the celing this year, so work for next year and beyond. :)

I think most people here would agree with this. I'd stick with Burres and Guthrie for now and would go to Olson if one of them faltered. There's no need to go get a veteran just for the sake of having a veteran.

Nevertheless, it seems like that's what the FO wants, a veteran.

Personally, I say we tear name "Burres" off of Brian's jersey and replace it with the name "Perez." Maybe then our idiot GMs will be happy. ;)

Archived