ESPN interview with Manny

Aglets

For a number of reasons, that language rubs me the wrong way, even if it's just a figure of speech. Manny's a highly paid entertainer who specializes in a sport. It's not a privilege to watch him do anything. It's merely an option among many.

In context it is pretty simple to see what Frobby is saying...but if you want to be 100% literal about it. I would counter it IS a privilege to live in a society where you can actually sit around a watch highly paid entertainers...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

"We also have a kid who is a big Justin Bieber fan and sings Justin Bieber all the time. I won't tell you who it is. You'll have to guess. But we are all going to the Bieber concert together."

This needs to be investigated. I say Tyler Wilson.

In context it is pretty simple to see what Frobby is saying...but if you want to be 100% literal about it. I would counter it IS a privilege to live in a society where you can actually sit around a watch highly paid entertainers...

Construing the relevant group to mean all members of free societies who also have in-person and/or broadcast access to entertainment generally, and Manny's games specifically, sure. But I'd like to think that privileges entail more important things than emotionally and financially supporting pro athletes.

Construing the relevant group to mean all members of free societies who also have in-person and/or broadcast access to entertainment generally, and Manny's games specifically, sure. But I'd like to think that privileges entail more important things than emotionally and financially supporting pro athletes.

I don't want to derail the thread too much so I'll counter and we can agree to disagree :-).

I think that having the ability to direct some of your emotional currency to something that in the grand scheme of things isn't really important is indeed a privilege. If I was living in let's say Mosul right now it may not be something that I could do. Which makes me (us) privilege d to be able to :-).

I don't think you understand the meanings for the word privilege:

Simple Definition of privilege

: a right or benefit that is given to some people and not to others

: a special opportunity to do something that makes you proud

: the advantage that wealthy and powerful people have over other people in a society

I would say 1 and 2 apply to O's fans re: Manny.

I don't think you understand the meanings for the word privilege:

Simple Definition of privilege

: a right or benefit that is given to some people and not to others

: a special opportunity to do something that makes you proud

: the advantage that wealthy and powerful people have over other people in a society

I would say 1 and 2 apply to O's fans re: Manny.

I feel its a priviledge to watch Manny. We are blessed to have him!

Desperately trying to figure out who the Bieber lover on the team is. Gotta be between Rickard, Wilson and Gausman, right? Though picturing Bundy jamming out to the Biebs is one of the funnier images I've had in my head this week.

I picture Bundy listening to this.

[video=youtube;jBfygUiS50g]

I consider it a privilege to watch anyone who is a master at what they do. I once got to watch Hal Holbrook do his Mark Twain makeup. That was a great privilege, as was watching Brooks play 3B.

What Gordo said. A LOT of team's fan WISH they had a player to watch like "Everyday" Manny. "Yeah, he makes that kind of play every day. :noidea:" We all just watch and marvel.

Archived