Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that was easily accomplished wouldn't everyone do it? In fact everyone knows they tried and thought they'd signed just about the only free agent fitting that description last year in Fowler, only to find out he'd played the O's for leverage with his old team.

Fowler, Reddick, and Saunders fit that bill this off season.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Twins closer Kintzler has reverse splits, that's why I think Buck didn't PH Kim for Hardy.  

Hardy has been up in a ton of 9th inning situations with us trailing and Buck hasn't pinch hit anyone for him, that I can remember.   (Correct me if I am wrong, I am at work).   Not vs Kintzler or anyone else.

So I doubt the splits have anything to do with it.

Just now, SteveA said:

Hardy has been up in a ton of 9th inning situations with us trailing and Buck hasn't pinch hit anyone for him, that I can remember.   (Correct me if I am wrong, I am at work).   Not vs Kintzler or anyone else.

So I doubt the splits have anything to do with it.

It was a nice try to help carry water for Buck.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Buck hates Kim.  We probably should have Bourn on the team.  DD only has one comp pick to get rid of Kim and Ubaldo.  What's a GM to do?  

He's going to package the one to get rid of Kim and he will hopefully get a second one after the draft that he can use to dump Ubaldo.  ;)

There is no reason that someone shouldn't be pinch hitting for Hardy in the 9th inning of one runs games.

25 minutes ago, Norfolk orioles said:

What is Hardy batting in the ninth inning this year? Serious question.

Does he have a single hit?

According to Fangraphs, yes!  In fact, Hardy has 2 singles in 15 plate appearances in the ninth inning this season.  Ninth inning OPS of .267

Archived