PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

17 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

It's time to just let it go. Was Sosa, McGwire, and Bonds cheaters? Yes. Do I care anymore? No. And one reason I don't is because those 3 get murdered by the media and obvious users like David Ortiz get celebrated and made out to be a hero. It is what it is.

They are still using PEDs. And Ortiz was as bad as those and Clemens.

14 hours ago, weams said:

Bonds and Clemens would have been sure hall of famer's but Mcgwire would be lucky to have a career in the majors without steroids.  A lot of his home runs were just pop ups that traveled so far as he was so jacked up on the roids

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

Bonds and Clemens would have been sure hall of famer's but Mcgwire would be lucky to have a career in the majors without steroids.  A lot of his home runs were just pop ups that traveled so far as he was so jacked up on the roids

I think that is ridiculous ... he hit 49 HRs as a rookie ... started taking steroids because he couldn't stay healthy for many years, so he got frustrated and took stuff to help him heal and keep him on the field (with the side benefit of becoming massive and getting help hitting even more HRs than he would have otherwise) ... but to say he would have been lucky to have a career in the majors without steroids is misinformed ...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OrioleMagic79 said:

I think that is ridiculous ... he hit 49 HRs as a rookie ... started taking steroids because he couldn't stay healthy for many years, so he got frustrated and took stuff to help him heal and keep him on the field (with the side benefit of becoming massive and getting help hitting even more HRs than he would have otherwise) ... but to say he would have been lucky to have a career in the majors without steroids is misinformed ...

What I bolded...

OOOOOOOO!

2 hours ago, OrioleMagic79 said:

He was on Steroids as a rookie.  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Oh really? Despite him looking super skinny (compared to his 1998 self) in a similar way that Bonds did during the same time period (though McGwire was bigger than Bonds, I just mean in comparison from their 1987 self to their 1998 self), and despite the fact that Andro wasn't introduced into the United States market until 1996 ... I am sure that you are correct ... Mark McGwire probably was using it in 1987 when nobody else even knew about it and it didn't even exist as a commercial product yet ...

1 hour ago, OrioleMagic79 said:

Oh really? Despite him looking super skinny (compared to his 1998 self) in a similar way that Bonds did during the same time period (though McGwire was bigger than Bonds, I just mean in comparison from their 1987 self to their 1998 self), and despite the fact that Andro wasn't introduced into the United States market until 1996 ... I am sure that you are correct ... Mark McGwire probably was using it in 1987 when nobody else even knew about it and it didn't even exist as a commercial product yet ...

Canseco said he was shooting up McGwire with steroids in the 80's. Canseco was definitely using back then.  Steroids existed in 1987.   

10 hours ago, atomic said:

Who knows?   I have a friend who played against Bonds in college and said there were rumors of him being on steroids then.   Contrary to the idea that he started in his 30’s.     

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Just a thought. Davis.

Nats playing MFY tonight. Anyone else signing up for some NAT-ITUDE?:)

Why would your mind jump to Davis?

I have a list of a half dozen guys off the top of my head I would suspect over an under-performing Davis.

Edited by Can_of_corn
auto-correct got me