PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

57 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I have to say, we get on Peter about staying away from international markets, but how many times have we heard "my licensed doctor in the Domincan gave it to me"? Either Cano is a cheater or he is extremely stupid for trusting his career to shady people. Either way he deserves the suspension.

Andy MacPhail indicated that the use of steroids in the Dominican was rampant. As Young as 12 years of age. 

Just now, Natty said:

Cano broke his hand a couple days ago, so he wasn't going to play for a while anyhow. It's not a punishment or suspension at all...MLB is what it is.

I'd consider losing out on 12M a punishment.  This is also going to impact his HoF chances. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

If they can do that, that’s BS. 

I think Steven Wright served his domestic violence suspension while on the DL.

They don't get paid during the suspension, so there is that.   But their team definitely catches a break.

19 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Oh, that’s not true. Many honestly believe there are cheaters or “bad guys” and everyone else. No gray, only black and white.

There are:

1.   Guys who get caught, and admit it.

2.    Guys who get caught, but continue to deny it.

3.   Guys who get caught, and say it was a short-term thing.

4.   Guys who used regularly but never got caught.   

5.    Guys who used short-term but never got caught.

6.    Guys who never used.    

Nobody really knows who fits into categories 4, 5 and 6.   I’m sure there’s a significant number in all three categories.    I’d like to think that category 6 is the biggest (and was during the steroid era), but I don’t know and neither does anyone else.    

It does matter to me how many non-users (or limited users) there were, in judging the culpability and appropriate punishment of the others.    And I don’t know the answers, so it’s frustrating.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, weams said:

They use it to increase horse performance. That's all. I know you are not Equus. 

But what's horses got to do with it. People use it because it increases urine production thus diluting it, and making it difficult to detect PEDs That's not why they give it to horses..

39 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Also, the title to this thread is misleading AF.  I thought there was some fallout with a Davis announcement to quickly follow.  C'mon @Rene88 I know you want people to check out your thread but there's no reason to think Davis is using.  (quite the contrary, actually).

Why not?  He breaks his bats over his leg like the bat is a tooth pick.  No amount of steroids is going to make me a major league hitter. You still have to have good reaction times.

10 minutes ago, Natty said:

Cano broke his hand a couple days ago, so he wasn't going to play for a while anyhow. It's not a punishment or suspension at all...MLB is what it is.

He gets paid for broken hand.  He doesn't get paid for PED suspension.

2 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

But what's horses got to do with it. People use it because it increases urine production thus diluting it, and making it difficult to detect PEDs That's not why they give it to horses..

Who knows. Horses get PED's too.