April 25th-26th @ Chicago

McNulty

People shouldn't have been mouthing off about the game being in the bag...

After being dominated for 8 innings by Burres, a team like the White Sox is just salivating to face another pitcher. Unless Burres couldn't go anymore, I don't see why he shouldn't finish the game.

Sherrill gets the save, whew, but still now neither Sherrill nor Albers are as fresh as they would be should they be needed for game 2.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm listening to the post game show on XM, and the intro was "Well that was a mildly annoying loss to the Orioles by the White Sox."

"Mildly Annoying?"

What is that supposed to mean?

Yes! We're mosquitoes!

After being dominated for 8 innings by Burres, a team like the White Sox is just salivating to face another pitcher. Unless Burres couldn't go anymore, I don't see why he shouldn't finish the game.

Sherrill gets the save, whew, but still now neither Sherrill nor Albers are as fresh as they would be should they be needed for game 2.

You are completely right. With a five-run lead and a shut-out, Burres should have finished under any set of circumstances. Any he wasn't showing any strain.

I don't know, but they continued to use "annoying" when describing the game.

Wow...I think they're a little full of themselves, don't you? That just comes off as whiny. "Waaaaah! We're supposed to beat the Orioles! They stink!"

Can you all stop crying about how i jinxed us now:p

Nope. For some unfathomable reason, you think you're being cute, but you're not.

You are disrespecting a basic rule of fandom. I'm gonna ding you every time you do it.

The reason Burres didn't finish the game was due to the fact that the O's were originally going to bring Sherrill in for the save in the 9th. He was already warming up, and Burress had just short of 100 pitches. I would imagine that he went to the showers, since he wasn't going to pitch. Sherrill then sat down, once the rally started and Albers got up to throw.

Sherrill only threw 5 pitches, how will he not be fresh?!?

Archived