vs. ANGELS, 5/20

OFFNY

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was planning on taking a shot of tequila for every O's run, but things got out of hand I need to get up early tomorrow. Happy that I had to call it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I got home from work at 11:30. I've had 5 beers in 2 hours. I'm playing catchup.

I'll be mustard tomorrow.

Wish we had Hader. That one is going to sting. He's pitching like he's the best lefty prospect in the minors right now. And he's a local guy.

Sorry I didn't respond last night but...

You do know that Julio Urias is left handed right? (27 inning scoreless streak)

Wish we had Hader. That one is going to sting. He's pitching like he's the best lefty prospect in the minors right now. And he's a local guy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uKn28HRoWgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He was pretty good for that one year. Maybe winning that series does not mean enough to folks. But for us, its the best we've had for a long, long time. I know. Zach Britton had a baby - And every thing changed. But...what might have been. You have to take those chances.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• You've just describes a perennial 5+ WAR player. I would like that as well
    • It’s fascinating to me how the opinions on Cowser vary so much.   He’s got three evaluations in the top 40 (including as high as 19) and two outside the top 100.   And listening to Longenhagen on Effectively Wild, Cowser wasn’t a borderline case for him, he was way outside the top 100.    Somebody’s going to be proven very wrong about Cowser, I just don’t know who yet.    
    • The Rosario deal is gonna be a savvy move by the Rays.
    • I don't think the Orioles do very much with the players they drafted in that first taste of pro ball, especially with the draft being so late now and players not really getting a lot of professional PAs that first season. I'm sure they evaluated him and have him working on things this offseason, so we'll get a better gauge of him as a player in that first full season. Some guys have games that allow them to be very successful at low levels but that won't translate to high levels of the minors or the major leagues.  Bradfield is a bit of a wildcard with a nice upside if he can drive the ball a little more. His elite eye at the plate is going allow him to have a very high OBP if he can show even the slightest bit of ability to do damage or the ability to fight off pitches until he gets that walk or gets a pitch he can put in play well. The range is already major league elite, but his arm is well below average from what I saw in a few throws so that will limit the "elite defense" angle, but he'll cover a heck of a lot with that speed. I'm looking forward to watching his progress this season because he's one of the bigger wildcards for me and I think that first full season will tell us a lot.
    • It will be interesting to watch Matt Blood's comments and what the swing plane looks like as the year gets going. To the extent all Bats are Ty Cobb or Babe Ruth, even in the cases of Norby and Cowser, whose DNA is I feel more Ty Cobb, challenging them to get to their power has been part of the game plan and wow are they not .300 hitters anymore. I think EBJ may be a mold breaker in this respect. In terms of what kind of line to guess at, I did enjoy learning recently Billy Hamilton was basically 250/300/350 in both his AAA and MLB rookie season.    I believe EBJ does have a little more juice than Hamilton did, but for starting out its a very easy yardstick.     Al Bumbry was just about .100 ISO during his career, working off being a .280 lifetime hitter. Last 10 Years, JBJ and Ender Inciarte are a couple other CF who have had the quiet ~3.5 fWAR kind of seasons with lots of Baserunning + Defensive value. Cowser and Kjerstad are probably safe from the 220/260/300 guy...the 250/305/360 guy could give them some problems.
    • This guy could be a good major league player. Odds are, he will not be. History shows that it is way to early to pencil him in to a future major league roster.
    • Have you ever tried telling your wife to go to the gym? I don’t advise it.  
  • Popular Contributors