Dylan Bundy Thread

drdelaware

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

13 OUTS: 4 Groundouts, 3 Popouts, 2 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY oo (vs. RED SOX, 8/17)

IP:l 4.33

H:;; 9 ll(2 Home Runs, 1 Double, 6 Singles)

R:l) 5

BB:)2 *

SO:)2

Pitches: 89 (58 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.36

* Bundy also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

91 (71 Strikes, 2 Balls)

21 (12 Strikes, 9 Balls)

26 (18 Strikes, 8 Balls)

19 (12 Strikes, 7 Balls)

14 (91 Strikes, 5 Balls) **

** Bundy recorded 1 out before departing in the 5th inning.

Worried about his velocity, command and ankle.

He looked a lot like he did when he first started pitching this year. No movement on his fastball. Not missing any bats. Command not there. Velocity sat 93-94 instead of 96-97 like we saw earlier...as the game progress I saw him sitting 91-93. That is very concerning.

Worried about his velocity, command and ankle.

He looked a lot like he did when he first started pitching this year. No movement on his fastball. Not missing any bats. Command not there. Velocity sat 93-94 instead of 96-97 like we saw earlier...as the game progress I saw him sitting 91-93. That is very concerning.

I would be concerned about this except for the fact that his last three starts were his best and he didn't seem to have that premium velocity on his fastball, sitting 93-95 for the most part rather than 95 to 97 where he was for the first couple. If his command and secondaries are there that is plenty of gas. I think he'll maintain that velocity deeper into games as he gets stretched out.

I think he ran into the Red Sox today, that is all.

http://www.fangraphs.com/community/the-critical-importance-of-dylan-bundy/

But the interests of the young pitcher and his employer do not always coincide. Bundy finds himself in a situation similar to that of Steven Matz, a situation in which Bundy’s long-term future and the Orioles’ immediate future may be incompatible. He is critical to whatever hopes the O’s may have of reaching, much less going deep into, the playoffs. Bundy’s heart wants him to continue starting well into October; whether his elbow agrees remains to be seen.

But no matter what fate awaits the O’s and Bundy, 29 other franchises are watching the Bundy story unfold. He will be the comp for the brilliant yet jeopardized young arms of the future. For the front office there is the remote but tantalizing prospect of competitive advantage: The franchise that finds a reliable way to fix those wings will undoubtedly take flight.

"....29 other franchises are watching the Bundy story unfold." A little ham-handed. Almost all situations are unique. I don't know how Bundy's situation affects other teams unless they have pitchers w the same exact injury history.

I do think putting a young pitcher in the pen for the first half is a better strategy, but the Orioles are going away from what was originally planned for him. So, I agree w the necessity part.

I sure hope Tillman is healthy and they can get Bundy that extra day.

Enjoy the ups and reassess once we've seen him log 15-20-30 starts in a season. I don't see the sense in pushing him as a starter this year but I get it's probably a necessity if Baltimore wants a shot at the playoffs. Here's hoping it doesn't break him.

Enjoy the ups and reassess once we've seen him log 15-20-30 starts in a season. I don't see the sense in pushing him as a starter this year but I get it's probably a necessity if Baltimore wants a shot at the playoffs. Here's hoping it doesn't break him.

I think they need to be cautious. It's a shame he didn't get the extra day of rest that he would have gotten if Tillman had taken his turn yesterday. The team doesn't have another day off until Sept. 1, so he's due to take the ball on the 22nd and 27th. I'd love to find a way to push his next start back a day, and then he'd also get an extra day of rest before his first September start.

I think they need to be cautious. It's a shame he didn't get the extra day of rest that he would have gotten if Tillman had taken his turn yesterday. The team doesn't have another day off until Sept. 1, so he's due to take the ball on the 22nd and 27th. I'd love to find a way to push his next start back a day, and then he'd also get an extra day of rest before his first September start.

I personally like what the Blue Jays are doing w/ Sanchez.

105.7 had an interview with him today. He flat out said he no longer throws the cutter which he described as more of a slider because it caused forearm pain. He has had no forearm pain this year.

Was also asked about an inning limit and he said as far as he knows he has none. He will keep pitching as long as he feels good. Was asked about recent velocity being down and he said he is just getting into the routine of being a starting pitcher.

Archived