Dylan Bundy Thread

drdelaware

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Now that the rosters have expanded, I wonder if the Orioles can find a way to continually give Bundy an extra days' rest for the rest of the season.

Granted that with Tillman down with an injury and the Orioles struggling as much as they have been, they can ill-afford to not have Bundy and Gausman on the mound as much as possible ...... but if it's the difference between Bundy pitching well and Bundy pitching anywhere between average and below average, it might be well worth considering. I'd rather have a really good Bundy with one or two less starts down the stretch than an average/mediocre Bundy on the mound a little more often.

o

17 OUTS: 7 Groundouts, 5 Strikeouts, 1 Popout, 1 Foulout, 1 Flyout, 1 Lineout, 1 Picked Off of 1st Base

DYLAN MATTHEW BUNDY oo (vs. YANKEES, 9/02)

IP:l 5.67

H:;; 2 ll(2 Singles)

R:l) 0

BB:)4

SO:)5

Pitches: 97 (63 Strikes, 34 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.47

PITCHES BY INNING

19 (12 Strikes, 7 Balls)

17 (13 Strikes, 4 Balls)

23 (14 Strikes, 9 Balls)

81 (61 Strikes, 2 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 7 Balls)

13 (81 Strikes, 5 Balls) *

* Bundy recorded 2 outs before departing in the 6th inning.

Interesting outing. I didn't see him throw a pitch over 94 mph, and he walked 4 guys and threw a lot of pitches, but his location within the strike zone was really good. I didn't see a fat pitch all night.

I think I remember a 95 mph fastball in the second.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Interesting outing. I didn't see him throw a pitch over 94 mph, and he walked 4 guys and threw a lot of pitches, but his location within the strike zone was really good. I didn't see a fat pitch all night.

Four walks feels way less problematic when you only have 2 hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The exact outing Bundy needed to have. He and Gausman are must watch SP's. It'll be interesting to see if we could hold him back for the 1st game of the Detroit series and have him pitch. Give him some extra rest and save him for that important series.

The extra day of rest seems really important. He had great command last night. Up 8-0, I would have pulled him after 5 innings but what do I know.

Bundy has shown that he can be really good, even at 92-94 when his location is there.

He can be special when he's at 95-97 plus the command and has a little room for error. I'm not sure we can afford to skip him a start, but it might do wonders. Ubaldo (knock on wood) is pretty really well right now, so maybe when Tillman gets back.

Bundy has shown that he can be really good, even at 92-94 when his location is there.

He can be special when he's at 95-97 plus the command and has a little room for error. I'm not sure we can afford to skip him a start, but it might do wonders. Ubaldo (knock on wood) is pretty really well right now, so maybe when Tillman gets back.

I am really hoping Bundy gets skipped a start this next week. I think he needs it - not that my opinion on the subject is worth anything.

I am really hoping Bundy gets skipped a start this next week. I think he needs it - not that my opinion on the subject is worth anything.

I don't see it happening. However, he'll get another extra day of rest after his next start, which is followed by an off day.

Archived